Surpise party//Carlos Sainz Jr

Prompt: "I really thought you forgot"

———

You check your phone one might time when you put your car in stop outside the apartment complex you share with your boyfriend. Just like every other time you've checked, there's nothing.

Not a single message from him saying anything related to your birthday. You try not to let it hurt, but it does.

How could Carlos forget your birthday?

Hurt makes your eyes sting as you get out of the car and walk up to your door.

You push it open and see the entire place is dark, no decorations or even a note regarding the day you were born.

"I can't believe he forgot it" you mumble and push the door open wider. But just as your setting down your purse all the light flash on and a crowd filled of your friends- and your boyfriend in the very front- yells 'happy birthday!'.

Your jaw drops and you cover your mouth with your hand. Now with the lights on, you see millions of balloons that are your favorite color, a pile of presents, and even a large cake.

You at a lost for words as all your friends come up and give a more personal message for your birthday. You take each one with a smile and words of gratitude, you even make a few jokes about how it's better late than never.

Finally Carlos comes up to you, a very cliché and wonky party hat on his head, with a wide smile.

However it drops when he sees your still slightly glossy eyes. He frowns and pulls you aside as you look at all he did for you, you feel a little horrible that you assumed he would forget.

"Mi hermosa, what's wrong?" He ask gently once you've gone into your bedroom, the sound of celebrating party goers now hushed.

You say nothing and instead quickly wrap your arms around him, burying your face in his shoulder as you hug him tightly. He chuckles and hugs you back just as hard, despite his small confusion.

"I really thought you forgot for a second" you say almost embarrassed.

Carlos frowns and places a kiss to your temple before pulling back to look at you.

"nunca, I could never forget about you" he says softly, a wide smile forms over your face at his words.

You hug him close again, "good because I was about to start planning a really bad birthday for you as payback" you joke and lean up to press a short but loving kiss to his lips.

He laughs and shakes his head, "again, I could never forget the birthday of my favorite person" he says sweetly and places yet another kiss to your lips.

You both smile against each other before you pull apart and point towards the door with your thumb, "we should go back before people get suspicious"

"Yea, can have them thinking your getting your special birthday present while the party is still going on." He jokes making you scoff despite the smile ok your face, the smile that seems if it'll never fall off your face.

———

Posting this now because
my birthday is tmr and I
will be a bit busy turning 17!
I get to go to a karting place
for my birthday!
Also I'll probs be posting more
birthday themed ones but it's
fine because I'm the author and
it's my birthday so I do what I want🫶🏼