Tomfoolery// Daniel Riccardo

Prompt: "why could you just let it hit you in the face?"

———

"Mate you are so bad at this" you giggle and kick the football back towards Daniel. Before Daniel went out for his practice run on the track, he needed to let off some steam and you where happy to help as you love kicking the football when you're stressed.

He frowns and reaches for the ball with his foot to then return it to your side of the hallway.

"What are you talking about," he scoffs playfully, "I could go pro at this!"

"I'd stick to driving" You shake your head and kick the ball up to hit against you knee for more height only to kick it back in Daniels direction. To you it was quiet funny playing this Daniel as you were way better- it was your job after all.

"Nah look out, I might come for your job" he jokes and attempts the same move you just did seconds ago. It did know for as smoothly as your went and you only laughed harder.

Daniel mockingly laughs before kicking the ball towards you with a bit too much force. The ball flew towards your head only for you duck quickly out of its path.

But while it misses you, it smashes right into poster hung up behind you. It smashes the glass protector as it falls to the ground.

You and Daniels jaws both drop as he comes up next to you. You hand is over your mouth and your eyes are wide with shock.

"Daniel, we're so dead" you whisper and look at the new mess of broken glass on the ground.

He purses his lips and nods along, "that we are"

"Wait, I didnt kick the ball" You speak up with a teasing smile on your face.

Da iel rolls his eyes despite a small grin pulling at his face, "you'd leave me out to dry that quick?"

You nod and try to keep from laughing, "oh yeah, good luck explaining this one" you say and shrug your shoulders.

"As soon as someone ask I'll throw you under the bus, just a warning?"

"You'd throw your dear girlfriend under the bus to get in trouble?" You dramatically gasp and turn to look up at him.

He gasp dramatically as well and out his hand over his heart, "you did it to me first!"

You finally let the laughter fall from you lips and he does the same. After a few seconds of giggling and laughing, you both turn to the mess once again.

"What are we gonna do?"

"Why could you just let it hit you in the face?" Daniel sighs, you smack your hand against his shoulder which only makes him laugh again.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that" you quickly say.

———

THANKS FOR 2K ON THIS BOOK
I LOVE YOU READERS SO MUCH
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️