UEM 19: Training

UEM 19: Training

Right after going back to the university, I went straight to Lana who was at the old building, and told her what I'd found out. Gregory and Felix were also there when I laid out the information I got, making sure I did not miss any detail.

That same night, I couldn't sleep. Even if I forced it, I just couldn't. I spent my Sunday getting lost in my thoughts while acting completely fine, so I won't make Maori worry. I told her about what happened at the palace, and she excitedly listened to every bit of it. Of course, I didn't tell her about me purposely hurting Sir Ravil so I could put a wound on him.

When Monday came, I did my everyday routine ever since I got into this school. I was even amazed at myself that I was slowly getting the hang of it despite being on campus for only two weeks.

It sometimes feels like I was here for more than a year. It's just too eventful and I couldn't even fathom how I managed to survive every second here.

I licked my lips as I forced myself to focus more on the discussion. Ma'am Mediana was enthusiastic as she mentioned different names of the flowers I couldn't even process inside my head.

My mind kept on wandering about my conversation with those three last Saturday night.

Lana was both relieved and frustrated when I confirmed to her that Sir Ravil was one of us. She said that she'll try to observe him more before confronting him. We also talked about the plans we'll make in baiting the last unfound member to come out. Whoever he is, we'll definitely find out.

Gregory and Felix seemed to be in deep thought. Probably frustrated as well with the information I fed them.

I couldn't blame them because I am as troubled as them. The thought of Ravil being one of us worries me because of my connection with the syndicate.

And the fact that he is one of us just indicates that he encountered Letizia before and it seemed like he wasn't finding any of us.

He probably didn't believe Letizia as well or maybe he knew more things than us. And those two possibilities are both terrifying.

Pilit kong iwinaglit sa isipan ang naiisip at ginawa ang lahat ng makakaya para ibalik ang buong atensyon sa klase.

Nang matapos ang main mago class ay agad akong bumalik sa dorm para gamitin ang lunch time sa pagpapahinga. Isa pa, hindi ko magawang maengganyo tumambay sa labas, knowing that someone's secretly watching over me.

I've got a feeling that it's from the syndicate. Hanggang ngayon ay wala pa rin silang napapalang impormasyon sa akin and they're probably curious about what happened at the palace. I'm still figuring out what to tell them. Napag-usapan na rin naman namin ito ni Gregory kahit papaano para magtugma ang kwento namin. But still, I don't want to update them.

When the sun set, both Maori and I went to the healing department building to attend our extra class or apprenticeship session with Ma'am Velen. We're given the same tasks. Usually, I'd get bored of doing the same thing for more than a week. But my desperation is just all over the place right now.

I want to succeed in every freaking thing I do.

I was more eager to improve my antidote-making skills. I could feel that I was getting better at using the time efficiently while making sure that the antidote was still of high quality.

Ma'am Velen alternately observes us with Maori in the other room. She wasn't saying anything to me. She just watches me do my job on her resting serious face.