UEM 37: The Most Beautiful Dress

I was left speechless in the doorway, trying to process what Caori had said. Normally, I could care less about whatever she wanted to spew at me. But this is about Maori and our friendship. And I'm guilty about it.

Despite feeling threatened by her warning, I did my best to shove my bleak thoughts away and focus on what I must do. I tried to continue my night, convincing myself that it wasn't my top priority at the moment.

The beginning of another week peeked through my life as if the days just passed by me in a blink. It's already Sunday, the fourth week of the month of Hawthorn.

It's a day where I usually get to rest or do other stuff other than my training with Ma'am Velen and the full-packed class schedule along with the other student-healers like me.

I panted as I put both of my hands on my knees. Bullets of sweat fell from my temples down to my chin and neck. I could also feel the sweating in every corner of my body.

"Damn it," I cursed under my breath as I raked my eyes around the grass-field area and realized that all I did within the two hours of my self-training session was to cause nothing but wreckage.

Ma'am Velen allowed me to use this area for my training and warned me not to overdo it or else this extension of the laboratory will collapse.

"I don't get it..." I whispered to myself and picked up the book about executing Hellwater, which I brought with me.

I riffled the pages and read the first step of doing the Hellwater again. I mean, it seemed simple. But it's really easier said than done.

First things first, I must try bringing all the souro I could sense to me and absorb them as if I owned them. It's like I must suck it all. But of course, it does not mean that I should get the souro of the other witches. It's more like capturing every bit of souro scattered in nature.

And to do it, I must have great control over the circulating souro within me. The better control I have over it, the more I can execute things with stricter precision. It is also advised to do it without any sources of water around. In this way, it'll become way easier for me to manifest an enormous amount of water to achieve the destructive power of Hellwater.

The next step is to attain a blank state of mind. It is said that unleashing such devastating techniques can only be done perfectly with this step. An empty mind, along with the accumulated souro, will cast the technique with intense concentration. It's free from any distraction that can potentially disrupt the goal of the technique.

The third step is to press all the opened souro points I have and release a huge amount of souro that is vast enough to wreak havoc while still being able to leave an expansive amount for my body. This simply means that I should not give it all and have something left within me.

And to think that executing Hellwater also means that I should have an amount of souro as much as the accumulated souro of the head instructors. Or even more than that. Kailangan din talagang marami pa akong matira sa katawan ko para sa pakikipaglaban at paggagamot.

That sounded impossible in this state of mine. I still have a lot to learn and practice.

I brought my eyes back to the page where the fourth and last step was written. It's almost the same with step three, except that I need to release all the souro required with accuracy and precision. Once I've done this, I'll be able to manifest a mass of water that is almost identical with the mass of ocean water in the country.