UEM 06: Illusion World

Is this even worth it?

I watched the cold wind blow through the curtains of my windows as I tried to gather my thoughts with my remaining sanity.

I slightly shuddered as the breeze touched my bare skin. I hugged myself lightly and caressed my arms with my hands – the only part of my body that are warm.

I have been feeling cold and ill since yesterday. I could feel that I still need more recovery time before I force myself to do things and go out.

But this was my fault. I didn't even think about my situation. I thought I was already fine.

How I wish I could use that healing skill without my body taking too much toll from it.

However, as much as I want to rest and not think about things, I couldn't. Everything was playing inside my head and I couldn't handle the pressure.

I faced the mirror in my bedroom and combed the tips of my long green wavy hair using my fingers. I fixed the splits of my below-the-knee-length black skirt and unbuttoned the first button of my black coat. It revealed the pendant of my necklace so I had to button it again.

I couldn't help but notice the dark circles under my eyes. It's weird that it only took me one night to have all these.

After getting satisfied with my look, I went out of my room and nonchalantly lorded the way out of our mansion.

The guards seemed to be hesitant about what to do when they saw me. Fortunately, they didn't question me or prevented me from going out because I'll really throw a fit if they do that.

The golden carriage was already waiting for me outside the mansion.

I immediately went inside as the butler closed the door for me. The coachman started the ride smoothly as I rested my back against the soft cushioned seat.

Every leap and hop of the carriage made me want to throw up. I felt getting dizzier but I tried my best to stay in my best condition and closed my eyes.

I'm sure that hearing more explanations about them will make me feel better. I'm sure of that.

Some minutes passed and noise from a certain crowd caught my attention.

I parted the small curtain of the window of the carriage as I tried to peek at what was going on outside.

I smirked as I realized that we are already in the market of the Capital. As usual, it is bustling with witches.

I took the map of the Capital from the small drawer inside the carriage.

I traced with my finger our location to the destination I have planned to go to.

It would only take some more time and we'll arrive at the place. Our coachman is skilled and experienced, I'm sure he'll choose the shortcut to the residences.

It's also safe if we'll take that shortcut route, considering that some of the Chironna men might spot me lingering here. Not that I'm important but as much as I can, I want to keep this a secret from Maori. News travels as fast as lightning.

"Lady Minah, mukhang mahigpit ang seguridad ng mga kabahayan dito. Baka hindi ko maipasok ang karwahe," sambit ng aming taga maneho.

Isinungaw ko ang aking ulo sa bintana upang makita ang direksyon ng pupuntahan namin.

I immediately saw a wide and tall arch gate nearby. It was guarded by six armed men in their white suits. I noticed that it's the same uniform as the Chironna's men.