UEM 08: Battle of Attributes

Many classic witches are gifted with natural attributes. It can be water, earth, wind, fire, thunder, lightning, shadow, light, ice, or space. Attributes such as poison, plants, and animals can be inborn attributes, but these attributes can be learned or acquired as well. However, learning about these elemental attributes should be granted by the higher-ups. It's illegal to study them and use them in normal situations without permission. They can only be freely used if it's inborn, otherwise, permission is needed. However, even those who have had these attributes since birth should be registered and monitored.

There are also attributes that are special. Only a few populations of classic witches are born with these. Also, they are dangerous to use. These special attributes are the curse, spirit, psionic, time, force, moon, sun, stars, and weather. Classic witches who possess these kinds of attributes are often protected by the higher-ups. They even receive special treatment... because they are special.

I have been studying these attributes for as long as I could remember it.

As I tried to analyze Mao's situation, she has got an upper hand against Quirra.

Quijanos are known for being wind-attribute users. And Maori has a lightning attribute.

If Quirra will use her wind attribute, Maori's lightning technique will be stronger than it.

I wonder what kind of ability this Quirra has... I know Quezon Quijano. Tita Sancha said that he has the ability to trap air and strangle people and hinder their breathing. That very technique was the thing he used to commit his crime...

I have this feeling that his sister is deadly as well...

But Maori isn't weak. She improved a lot...

And if something bad happens to her... everyone behind this will surely regret what they have done. No matter who they are and what they can do...

But I trust her, so I'll watch and see how it'll go.

I bit my lower lip and tried to remain calm as the battle between them began.

I was expecting that both will try to wait for each other's attack. But it surprised me that as soon as the countdown stopped, they immediately launched an attack on each other.

Quirra Quijano created a whirlwind... and it gets darker as seconds passed by.

Maori, on the other hand, projected a streak of lightning horizontally toward Quirra's abdomen. She tried to stand firm against the strong rotating wind that trapped her in her position simultaneously.

Then, I saw her close her eyes and emitted an electric current from her arms and hands.

It made the wind encircling her position weak. It gave her a way to step closer to Quirra's place and lunged toward her using a chain whip made of lightning. One of her favorite techniques.

Bahagya akong napaigtad sa aking kinauupuan. Pakiramdam ko ay mas kabado pa ako kaysa kay Maori.

I heard how shocked the audience was. They were all probably expecting that Maori's a weak ass.

Just before she could hit Quirra with her chain whip, Quirra dodged it using a great force of air, making Maori slide backward. She almost dropped the chain whip she was holding.

The crowd went crazy once again.

"Show me what you've got, Chironna!" Quirra shouted and that created commotion among the audience.