UEM 29: The Camellia City

Every five-man team dispatched to missions must consist of an attacker, protector, sealer, healer, and controller. Each member plays an important role. Failure to responsibly fill any position will surely make the entire team crumble.

And I, as the healer of the group, must always be on standby and minimize the severity of injuries to my members. I should never be on the frontlines unless the situation requires me to. Staying alive, healing them, and making sure they come back safe, and sound are my primary priorities.

The pressure to play my part in our real mission kills me inside. But we have to make this work. It has to work out for the best.

Paulit-ulit kong sinaulo ang takbo ng misyon sa loob ng ilang araw. Wala ring mintis ang pag e-ensayo ko. Naging maingat din ako sa mga kilos at paligid ko, lalo pa't ilang beses kong naramdaman na may sumusunod na naman sa akin.

I'm not sure if it's those witches who attacked me on the bridge. Siguro sila nga. But I kept having this feeling that I'm being spied on by different individuals.

"I heard that Caori and her team departed last night. I wonder where they were exactly assigned to," Maori said as she straightened out the hem of her plain camel brown long skirt.

Lana picked our outfit. We girls are wearing a long-sleeved cardigan with an undershirt paired with long skirts until our ankles. Our sandals were flat and comfortable enough to move around. We looked like simple citizens, just like Lana wanted us to project, except that our hair colors are too noticeable to hide.

"I prefer simple-looking robes to this... thin fabric. Malamig sa labas!" reklamo ni Maori at paikot-ikot sa harap ng salamin.

I just sighed and peeked at the same mirror. I combed the tips of my long green hair before tying it to a low bun.

"I notice that individuals in the South do not usually wear robes on a normal day. Sa Capital at North lang masyadong magarbo ang mga tao," Lana responded. Impatience was evident in each word she spoke.

I nodded in agreement with what she said. The citizens of Camellia are not really fond of robes unless there's an occasion or the place they work at mandates them to do so.

"At napag-usapan na natin 'to, Maori. Huwag kang mag-alala. Masasanay ka rin sa lamig. Also, we have Gregory. He'll lend us his fire," dagdag ni Lana at tumayo na mula sa pagkakaupo sa kanyang kama.

Maori just nodded in defeat, pouted, and busied herself with her appearance. No matter how I look at her, she's still as elegant as ever. She can make that homely outfit appealing.

When I threw my eyes at Lana, it felt like a sin to stare at her. She's gorgeous from every angle, and her cold eyes just make her aura way more intimidating.

"Do you think... the other group's mission is critical... to the point that it may cause their lives?"

I stopped checking all my belongings in the bag I'd bring along with me when Maori asked that. She sounded uneasy, and it seemed like it took her some time to finally have the courage to raise that concern.

I wetted my lips and took a deep breath. "They got the harder mission. It's given that it's critical. They'll be spying on the syndicate, which makes it more critical. But with their abilities and experience, I'm sure they'd come out alive," I answered her with the best I could.

Pinagmasdan ko siyang mabuti habang nakatingin siya sa akin. Kahit nasa akin ang mga mata niya ay alam kong lumalagpas ang paningin niya habang nalulunod sa mga iniisip.