UEM 11: The Katanas

UEM 11: The Katanas

"She must really like you, Min! She talked to you personally!" Maori beamed and shook my arm lightly.

We are both sitting on my bed. I turned to her and plastered a forced smile. Mula nang bumalik kami sa dorm galing sa pag-iikot sa campus ay iyan ang bukam-bibig niya. She was really shocked when she saw me walking out of the cafeteria with the princess.

"I've always known that she's a nice girl but I never thought that she's that nice... Like, I mean, she could've sent a letter to your family to thank you. And I didn't expect that she would thank me, too. Wala naman akong masyadong ginawa nang gabing iyon. She even helped me pass the examination..." she continued with a bright grin on her face.

I pinched her right cheek and laughed. I really can't comment on her thoughts about the princess. Although, I admit that she seems a good girl with pure intentions. But I wonder if she'll still find the situation endearing if she finds out what's really happening.

"You're nicer, Mao," I jokingly said which made her grin more.

Mayabang niya akong tiningnan at humalukipkip. "I know right!" sambit niya na agad naming tinawanan.

Ilang sandali pa ay narinig namin ang pagkaluskos ng pinto. The door opened soon after that and it revealed Lana walking towards our bedroom with her stoic expression, having a few bruises on both of her arms. There was also a small band-aid on the left side of her lips.

Mabilis na nagtama ang mga paningin namin. Despite looking cold, you can tell that she's exhausted. Both Maori and I instinctively stood up out of worry and waited for her to reach her own bed.

"What happened?" Maori asked with concern and confusion.

Lana proceeded to take off her training robe and boots. She remained silent as she organized her things.

I bit my lip and tried to not speak so I won't sound pushy. But I can't help but feel bothered as I looked at her bruises.

"Do you normally get those after training?" I simply asked as I balanced her mood.

She looked up at us and shrugged her shoulders. "Not really. I just tried something fatal earlier. It turned out pretty fine, though," she finally answered and dropped her back tiredly on her soft bed.

Pretty fine? Look at her arms. Tss.

"I'll heal you," I said and went to her. Maingat akong umupo sa dulo ng kama niya. Sumunod naman si Maori sa akin at umupo sa sariling niyang kama para pagmasdan kami.

"Kinabahan ako bigla para sa Lunes. I'm kind of scared of Sir Aceo..." Maori commented with a clear fear in her voice.

"You should be. Nanlulumpo lahat ng instructors," sagot ni Lana kay Maori. I heard Maori sigh. Lumingon ako sa kanya at nakita ang bahagyang pangamba sa mukha niya.

That probably made her more nervous. Well. What can we expect? This is Pansy University, after all. Kaluluwa ang bayad namin sa pag-aaral dito.

But I can't help but feel excited with the thought of the difficulty of the training. I'm sure even though this school sucks, I'll be entertained a lot.

I was busy concentrating on my souro when Lana tapped my hand lightly, still lying on her bed. That made me lose focus.

"Don't use your souro on me. Save it for your classes next week," she said while staring blankly at the ceiling.

Umirap ako at itinuloy ang ginagawa. I reached for her right arm and treated her bruises using lavender magic. A yellowish-brown light illuminated her arm.