UEM 12: Sub-Mago

UEM 12: Sub-Mago

I had my lunch at the cafeteria with Maori. We tried to find Lana but she was nowhere to be found. We figured that she was probably busy and she might not really want to eat with us.

It was my first time eating at the cafeteria and it did surprise me how delicious the meals served to us. It could've been better if some of the students were not looking at us.

I did expect that rumors will still go around and I'd still get unnecessary attention. However, it was still uncomfortable.

Maori was happily talking about her morning class and I did the same. I think it was actually better than I thought. Mediana Medina looked unapproachable and strict, but the class went smoothly. But I'd understand if the next classes with her will be difficult.

We parted ways again as we went to our afternoon class – our sub-mago classes. I went straight to the third floor of the offense department building. And I just knew that for some reason, it'll be scary.

I'm quite confident with my physical fighting skills. I know I'm good at close-range combat. However, I didn't find a chance to enhance it more before because I felt like there was no reason to. This world will end, anyway... As long as I'll be great at healing, nothing else will matter.

But now that I'm here and I should manage to survive in this university, there's a part of me screaming that I should've paid attention to my sub-mago more.

Also, I heard that Hanna Huega's lessons' execution is mad. It's in the most unexpected ways most of the time.

I calmly walked into the spacious training room. It was just a simple room and there were only a few chairs gathered in one corner. There was nothing else aside from the chairs.

There were no students at all. I kind of understand it since it's still quite early. However, it made me think that I'm in the wrong room when an unexpected someone landed in front of me, giving me an annoying grin.

Ni hindi ko alam kung saan siya nanggaling. I looked up and saw that there was nothing else up there except for the high ceiling.

Ibinalik ko ang tingin sa lalaking nasa harapan ko. Nakangisi pa rin siya at mayabang na humalukipkip.

"Isang oras pa bago ang klase niyo," tatawa-tawa niyang sabi na agad ikina-kunot ng aking noo.

He turned his back on me and started walking across the almost empty room.

Mabagal ko siyang sinundan, nakakunot-noo pa ring nakatingin sa kanya.

I checked the old wall clock in the room and saw that I was just right in time. Our call time is one in the afternoon and there are still twenty minutes before that.

Humarap siya sa 'kin na nakangisi pa rin. Nang makitang seryoso pa rin ang mukha ko ay mas lalo siyang natawa.

"Don't worry, nasa tamang room ka. Late lagi si Miss Hanna. Pero pagpasok no'n, lulumpuhin ka agad," natatawa niya pa ring balita sa akin.

I just shrugged and glanced back at the wall clock again. Well, I don't mind if she's late. I can entertain myself within those dull moments.

Dumiretso ako sa isang sulok kung saan naka hilera ang mga upuan. I sat there and rested my back quietly.

Lumapit naman si Gregory at umupo rin, may apat na bakanteng upuan sa pagitan namin.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. Unti-unting nawala ang ngisi niya pero halatang-halata pa rin ang kasiyahan sa mga mata niya. He's probably making fun of me inside his head.