UEM 30: Illusiah

UEM 30: Illusiah

I strutted my way into the healing station. Familiar faces immediately flocked to my eyes, and they seemed to be taken aback by my very presence. Most of them halted what they were doing and followed me through their eyes. Some attempted to greet me, but quickly dissolved the idea in their heads.

It was rude and awkward to just pass by them without a word, but their mere silence was enough reason for me to continue going to the farthest room on the first floor where my aunt's room was located without giving them an ounce of acknowledgment.

I had never established a connection with these assistant healers and other healing personnel here. I knew that deep down in their hearts, they never liked me. It was not a secret how my family favored me all the time and gave me special treatment. Even though I kept on doing malpractice, they just scolded me and let it slide.

Subtly eyeing every corner, I searched for Raia. I could feel that I would not see her today due to her schedule since I checked it before I went here. But I guess that would be better than having her around. She will certainly pester me, and I might not have a chance to talk to Tita Sancha if she's here.

But there's a part of me that wants to see her. I'm desperate to know if she's the one who attacked me the other night. However, I'm not sure how to do it, and it's not even my priority at the moment. It'd be a waste of time to interrogate her without having enough proof. Well, it's not like I would confront her. It's a dumb idea, but that's just how far my brain could go.

I took a deep breath and licked my lips as I reached Tita Sancha's office. The door was closed, and I could not hear any noise from the inside.

Just as I was about to knock, I sensed a familiar presence lingering in my system. In the blink of an eye, the door abruptly opened and revealed her.

"I knew it! I felt your souro!" she exclaimed as she pulled me inside her office.

I could not process immediately what took place, but seeing her all excited over my presence made me a little bit emotional.

"You should practice concealing your souro more! I easily felt you!" she said, pushing me down to take a seat on her office's couch.

She then sat beside me and turned to me with delight in her eyes.

"Halos dalawang buwan na rin nang huli kitang makita. You've grown a lot..." she softly said.

I stretched for a smile. "I miss you..."

Her smile grew wider, and I saw longing and relief in the way she looked at me.

"I missed having you here. Wala akong mautusan at mapagalitan masyado. Everyone's basically useless here," she joked, but I could feel a hint of annoyance in the last sentence she spoke.

An awkward silence enveloped us for a moment. I couldn't think of what to tell her. My mind kept on flying towards my real intention of going here unannounced.

"So... what brings you here? Akala ko ay hindi kayo pwede umalis ng campus sa mga ganitong panahon? For how long would you stay here in the South?" She broke the silence and dropped her questions continuously.

"Nasa kalagitnaan ako ng misyon, Tita. My leader allowed me to visit the mansion for a while since we are almost done for the day. Umuwi na lang din naman ako, dumaan na rin ako rito. I want to check on you. Baka umabot pa ulit ng ilang buwan bago ulit ako makauwi."

Tahimik siyang nakinig at tumango-tango. All the excitement earlier seemed to wash over her, and her eyes screamed various emotions I could not entirely comprehend. But one thing's for sure, she was full of concern right now.