UEM 20: Boulder

UEM 20: Boulder

It's already Thursday of the week. The first week of the month of Daisy. And there are times I get confused about whether the time has flown too fast or too slowly ever since I got here.

Sometimes it drives me crazy how the events I experience in this world... are believed to be fake. They all feel so real. I feel so real, and if I hadn't met Letizia, I'd never doubt my existence here, despite the hallucinations I might go through.

But here I am, desperately trying my best to get the answers I want with lots of doubts, indecisions, impulsiveness, and stupidity.

I continued tapping my toes lightly on the cemented floor of our dorm's corridor and waited patiently.

It's kind of tiring waiting outside of our room but I've only got a small amount of time on my hands. I just couldn't wait inside knowing that I might be late for our defense class which will start a few minutes from now.

I was so close to leaving the dormitory building when I heard footsteps coming my way. Just like I expected, it was Lana in her casual clothes, bathed in bruises and scars. And it's amazing that only her face was flawless.

I walked towards her to meet her halfway. "I'm almost late, Lana. Just tell me the thing you want to tell me fast," I told her, brows slightly furrowed.

She raised her brow with a blank expression, probably sensing my obvious impatience.

She sighed and crossed her arms.

"It's better if we'll talk about it inside," she nonchalantly responded and tried to open our room's door but I blocked her way.

"Just tell me," I said in a low but firm voice.

She sighed again and shook her head tiredly.

She closed our distance and reached for my left ear, as she slightly bent her knees.

"Ma'am Velen ordered Ma'am Frances to move the date of our battle. She delayed it one week. And I'm pretty sure it has something to do with you."

I took a step back and creased my forehead with what she accused of me. I waited for her to respond but she was just rooted in her position with her blank face.

"Why would it be because of me? Because of the training she told me about? And if it is really because of me, would that be a bad thing for us?" I asked her with confusion and sarcasm.

It took her a minute or so to respond and sighed once again.

"While it is true that I told you to train your skills to be prepared for our future mission, I didn't expect that much that Ma'am Velen would want to be involved in your training. I was aiming for her approval of you, but not this kind of thing. When you told me about your training with her the other day, I got confused with her objective. But now that the department told us that the battle would be moved, I'm more confused... and I must say worried... and thrilled, I guess... I don't know," she said in a very low voice filled with authority and uncertainty.

I immediately got her point and slowly nodded.

Ma'am Velen didn't waste time to let me beg on my knees. She suggested it herself. Hindi ko alam kung kailan kami mag-uumpisa but I'm betting that it'd be one of these few days.

She surely has other reasons why she wanted me to train. But whatever that is, I'll make sure that it won't affect our plans negatively.

I'll take this precious opportunity no matter what.