UEM 35: The Quijanos

"Wait right here. I'll go in first," Felix said as he entered one of the rooms on the third floor of their mansion. It was on the right wing and was located at the far-end corner of the well-lit grand hallway.

While I criticized their first floor, I refused to do the same thing with the upper floors. They were exquisitely designed with an evident traditional theme. The shades that can only be seen range from brown, dark brown, black, and white. There were also life-sized statues carved in wood and mud displayed on every side of the pathway.

The vibe of their mansion exudes such elegance that I have not seen or felt before. Probably because it was not as extravagant as the other mansions I have been to before. Also, it was quite rare to enter a mansion that had no servants going back and forth. The place was so quiet that even my light steps echoed inside.

"What's taking him so long? " Gregory impatiently asked as he stepped closer to the double doors of the huge room where Felix had entered.

"I don't know why you even tagged along," I said and sighed.

It has been more than a minute since Felix instructed us to stay put. I'm also not sure what's taking him so long before allowing us to go inside. But I guess whatever it is, it's for the better.

I stopped spacing out when we heard a loud crash inside. It sounded like glass was thrown and shattered into pieces.

We were about to barge in when we heard voices, like they were arguing.

"I already told you! I won't cooperate unless you bring her here in front of me! I won't serve any of you!"A hoarse voice of a man screamed.

We heard no response after that, so we continued entering inside and were welcomed with such a mess.

On the floor, pieces of glass were shattered and scattered around. My eyes then went up to the individuals inside, and I was quite shocked as soon as I saw them.

There were two small beds in the room. Quezon and Quirra were both sitting on separate beds; both hands and feet were tied up. In front of them was Felix, who was just as calm as always.

"I didn't even allow you yet to enter-"

"Whatever. The clock is ticking, Felix," I said as my eyes were glued to the siblings.

They were also looking at me with various emotions in their expressions. But I could tell the deep hostility and fear in Quirra's eyes, while Quezon's were full of surprise and disbelief.

"I already told you, Quezon. She's been with us for the past few months," Felix said, turning to me.

I stepped forward until I reached the edge of Quezon's bed. He was looking up to me; his lips were slightly parted due to his immense disbelief.

His physique had changed so much since the last time I saw him unconscious. It was like he had now recovered from whatever terminal illness he had. He was still thin, but his tanned skin and sturdy body were built, and his face looked as cunning as ever. There was just something in his aura that even a single glance from him could make you feel like he wanted to kill you.

"Lady Minah..." he uttered after that long staredown.

"There's no need for you to serve them. Just focus on being my ally, and you'll be saved," I told him straight up, giving him a little smile.

"What a traitor!" Quirra hissed, which immediately caught my attention.

"Oh... don't you worry. You'll be one of us, Quirra," I responded to her and did not even listen to the next words she had shouted. She became a bit hysterical.