UEM 23: Bubbles

UEM 23: Bubbles

I was panting as I let my body drop on the cold cement floor, trying to endure aches in my limbs. But a smile slowly crept on my lips when I realized how I was able to withstand the ferocity of my one-minute one-on-one fight against Miss Hanna.

"That was incredible! "Miss Hanna exclaimed as she stood up from the ground.

I chuckled while she grinned at me. Nang makita ko ang mga reaksyon ng mga kaklase ko ay lalo akong nakaramdam ng kumpyansa sa sarili.

I didn't beat her, but I was able to finish the match with her, and that's something I should be proud of.

"More training from me, and you'll be unstoppable. Well, of course, not as unstoppable as me," she said, and everyone in the class heard it.

I quite felt awkward, yet I was relieved that, despite the length of my stay here, I was improving in many ways.

Another match took place, and those who were already done were allowed to observe the fight. We were even given papers to write our short evaluations. I kind of enjoyed it, so I didn't notice that it was already the time of the dismissal.

After class, I said farewell to Kara, and we both parted ways.

Another day had passed, and I was back to my long, tiring day routine again. I was extremely tired with our main mago class in the morning while it doubled in my sub-mago class. I wanted to complain, but every second I spent in those classes was worth it.

I'll have my training again later tonight, and it'll be my first time since the last training session I had involving the boulder. Akala ko ay ipagpapatuloy namin nang Sabado, pero nagkaroon nga ng problema sa training center. Ma'am Velen's the principal, so it's her duty to fix whatever mess that was. Kahapon naman ng gabi ay sinubukan ko siyang hanapin, at minabuting hindi ko makakaligtaan ang training, but she was nowhere to be found.

Kahapon din ng tanghali nakalabas ng infirmary, si Maori. She was advised by the healers to stay for longer, but she didn't like the idea since her souro flow had already gone back to normal. And today, just like me, she attended her classes again at may training din siya mamaya together with the other sealers supervised by Sir Aceo.

I continued to walk with ease and did not mind if I looked like a snail moving very slowly. I had to take my time religiously and let my mind wander off. I was already near the dormitory building when I bumped into a student who seemed to be in a hurry and looked unbothered by our collision.

I followed her movements confusedly and let her walk past me as if nothing had happened. Well, it was not like I got hurt, but she acted as if I didn't exist at all. Patuloy ko siyang sinundan ng tingin nang mapansin ko ang ilang estudyanteng tila ba may mga pinagkakaguluhan.

I could tell from their faces that it was something exciting. Pero may iilan din namang mukhang kinakabahan at mga wala sa sarili, katulad na lang ng nakabangga ko.

I'm not sure what just happened, but without realizing it, I found myself going back to where I came from and following most of the students who were taking the same route. Ilang sandali lang ay namalayan ko na lamang ang sarili ko sa labas ng gymnasium at nakikisilip sa pinagkakaguluhan ng mga estudyante. It seemed like there was buzz-worthy news posted on the huge bulletin board.

"It must be true that there would be lots of major missions."

"Well, as expected, puro level 1 at wala pang level ang ipadadala ng mga 'yan. This university was never afraid to sacrifice these newbies and losers."