fighting chance

season 1, episode 6
Quiver
chapter song : i don't wanna live forever

A claustrophobic Carmin laid against the wall of the dojo as a bunch of teens littered the dojo

A claustrophobic Carmin laid against the wall of the dojo as a bunch of teens littered the dojo. Her eyes settled on Eli, Oliver and Demetri, who were watching Miguel's fight video.

Johnny walked into the dojo, a little shocked by the scene, "Okay, today we begin.." Carmin lynched her way to the front by using the wall. "Quiet!" Everyone stopped talking, "Face front."

Carmin stood in between Aisha and Miguel, "Nice shirt." She looked back to see Johnny talking to Demetri, "Thanks." Carmin turned back around, "I'm joking, it sucks."

Carmin held back a laugh, "Word for advice, if you got shit for teeth, don't smile... God, makes me feel like a virgin just looking at you... when I look around this dojo, I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers, icy nerds. I see a fat kid in a funny hat with his tits popping out... But in my short time as a Sensei I've also seen some miracles."

He glanced over to the trio, Carmin looked back at him offended. "So, maybe there's some hope for you yet. But first, I need to see where you're at. So everybody, is fallen!"

Everyone looked at him confused, "Line up." Everyone went behind the trio in their gi's, "No, not line up in a line. Get in lines."

"You mean like rows?" Demetri asked Johnny stupidly, Carmin already knew they weren't gonna end well. Johnny covered his face in annoyance. "Move your asses!"

Carmin shouted, the crowd immediately did as told as they got into a number of lines. Johnny sent Carmin a nod of gratitude, "God, it smells like ass in here, who didn't put deodorant!"

"Fighting positions. Jab punch. Nope, wait till I say go. Hiyah! Hiyah! Hiyah! Hiyah! Come on. Stand straight. Plant your feet in there. Hiyah! Are you sure your right handed? Hiyah! Hiyah! Come on, Tits, you can do better then that. You got weight, use it. Ready? Hiyah! Hey, Lip."

Carmin immediately zoned back in, hearing the familiar nickname, she stared at Johnny, almost angrily trying to tell him not to go to far. "Yeah, you. The one with the freaky lip. Who do you think I'm talking too?"

"Excuse me, uh, Mr. Lawrence." Demetri spoke up but was cut off by Aisha, "Sensei, Lawrence." Demetri lifted his hands up, "Okay, you really shouldn't make fun of someone's physical appearance."

"Oh, is that so. So, I'm not supposed to mention his lip at all?" Carmin held back a sigh, "Well, yeah." Demetri urged in annoyance, "Maybe that's what they teach you in school, but in the real world, you can't expect people to do with your supposed to do. Do you hear that, lip? If you can handle someone making fun of you, how are you going to handle an elbow to the teeth?"

Johnny asked Eli, who looked around the room visibly nervous, "By calling the police." Carmin sighed turning to her boyfriend and his friends, "Guys, shut up, this is how he is. Don't take it to heart."