atrapada en el cielo

season 5, episode 1
long, long way from home
chapter song : i could fall in love

season 5, episode 1long, long way from homechapter song : i could fall in love

167.

One hundred and sixty-seven missed calls.

If you'd told Carmin two weeks ago that she would ditch the end of the All Valley, that she had been training to win for months, to go hunt down her ex best friends dad, she would have judged you with her eyes until you cried.

She had no reason to give up the All Valley, two weeks ago, when she was busy forcing herself to hate her former, best friend. But here she was, stepping off a bus in a part of Mexico that she couldn't pronounce, she'd never been to Mexico, she couldn't speak Spanish.

So why was she here?

Miguel was on the hunt to find himself, to make himself better mentally and emotionally. He had questions and he wanted answers. This had nothing to do with Carmin.

And yet, she had 167 missed calls from just about everyone who she considered friends and family. Her mom, sister, Tod, Demetri, Moon, Tory, Kenny, Meila and Faith, but 67 of those missed calls came from Robby. In just one night, 167 missed calls.

Secretly, Carmin was hoping not just to fully get Miguel back, but she was hoping somewhere in this trip, she'd find herself as well. She didn't want to have to pretend anymore, she didn't want to hurt anymore. She wanted to feel again.

"Now is probably the best time to tell you that I cannot speak Spanish." Carmin chimed as Miguel kindly told the ladies who offered them bracelets that he didn't want them. "Didn't you take Spanish?"

"I took French.. what? I wanted to go to France when I graduated. I would have been using Duolingo if I found out I was going to Mexico. I feel like such a tourist." Miguel laughed at her words, "You'll be fine. I'll do that talking."

"Good because all the Spanish I know is, 'me llamo, Carmin'." Miguel shook his head while she looked around, "I have no idea where we are." Miguel chimed as he held his phone up to no avail as there was no wifi.

"Hey, you guys need some help?" The pair turned to see four men at a weird shaped table by the lake. One blonde man walking up to them, "Ugh yeah! My ugh phones out of service." Miguel explained, "Um if you could help me get to 137 Avenue." Carmin glanced over at the man's friend, who walked over to them.

"Ugh you're in luck, I can show you, easy." The blonde man began to get out his map, Miguel joining him with a smile. Carmin stood back, watching the men in distaste, she had an odd feeling in her chest. Instinctively, she grabbed her taster from her back pocket.

"It is right there, X marks the spot." The man marked the spot, Miguel smiled, "Awesome! Perfect! Thank you!" The man smiled at them as Miguel went to grab the map only for it to be pulled back, "Actually, ugh you two don't mind giving us some pesos? It's just ugh my map, you know?"