the rise of the queencard

season 1, episode 7
All Valley
chapter song : queencard

Carmin stood in a pink gi that she had dyed over the weekend, much to Johnny's annoyance

Carmin stood in a pink gi that she had dyed over the weekend, much to Johnny's annoyance. But he knew better then to fight her on the color pink after last week's incident.

"Junbi! Bow! Fighting positions!" Johnny made his way down the line as everyone got into position. He kicked Hawk between the feet to get him to stretch out. "Stabilize your base, Hawk. Keep your balance. Full rotation when you strike."

"Yes, Sensei! Ha!" Carmin watched through the mirror as Johnny went to Virgin, who flinched, "Did you just flinch, Virgin?" Johnny went around them lunged at Derek, who also flinched. "Holy shit. We got a room full of flinchers."

Johnny gasped in astonishment, "Yes, Sensei!" The room shouted, Carmin let out an amused giggle. "That was not a question! Raise your hand, if you've never been punched in the face." Almost the whole room lifted their hands up. "Put your hands down."

"All your lives, you've been avoiding fights, so you don't break your nose or lose a tooth. This concussion nonsense. So, there's only one solution, and that is before you leave this dojo, each, and everyone of you is going to take a punch. Very hard, to the face. Miss. Robinson, Miss. Mint, line 'em up."

Carmin rolled her eyes at the nickname the man had obtained for her, Miguel had called her Min and Johnny then shouted Mint? Which resulted in her nickname, thought she figured it would change to Pinky anytime soon after their pink argument last week.

"Unflinch this group." Everyone looked between each other as Johnny went to the next room, "Yes, Sensei!" The girls shared a shrug before Aisha approached Virgin, "Okay, Tall kid who's name I don't remember, be calm and don't cry."

"I can't believe you actually did it." Carmin spoke as she pulled her pink gi top back over her head. "I mean, you basically asked her out right." She patted Miguel on the shoulder excitedly.

"Ooh! I can get a boyfriend and we can go on double dates for two months before I switch!" Miguel grinned at her excitement, "I still can't believe you dropped Oliver, I mean he's been such a baby about it."

Hawk notified the girl, "Yeah, well he was being a jerk. There's a reason I have a two month rule, you know it works. He was always jelly of Migs and I being friends, he even said I was being a loser."

Hawk scoffed, "He's the loser compared to you. Plus, Demetri and I thought you were pretty fun to hang out with." Carmin placed hand over her heart, "Aww, that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me."

"Now I just need to figure out where to take her. I need somewhere romantic but not too romantic." Miguel informed the group as they stretched, "You can take her to get tattoos." Hawk spoke up as the group looked at him questioningly.

He then stood up before starting to take off his gi, Miguel quickly covered Carmin's eyes, "I know a guy, just hooked me up with this bad boy." Miguel's hand dropped in shock, Carmin gasped at the Hawk on Hawk's back. "Oh shit."

"What the fuck." Carmin breathed out in a laugh, "That is badass!" Aisha called out towards him, "Right, 14 hours in the chair." Hawk grinned as some of the others looked over, "Wait, are your parents okay with that?"

Aisha asked causing Hawk to quickly put on his gi, "Oh, they don't know about it. Definitely gonna have to wear a t-shirt until college. Probably longer." Carmin laughed at the panicked look on his face, "Please, don't tell them."

"Uh, any other suggestions?" Miguel looked to Aisha, who stared at him in disgust, "Don't look at me. Sam and I used to be friends. We're not anymore."

"Oh come on, Aisha, help this loser out, he'll never get anywhere without you." Carmin nudged her friend as Miguel sent her a grateful look. "And Miguel, if Sam hurts you, is mean, or touches you without consent, let me know, I'll take care of it."

Miguel lifted a brow at Carmin, "Thank you?" She grinned to herself, "You're welcome." She was very pleased with herself, Miguel could tell, he found her adorable when she had that look on her face.

"Fine, um I know that she likes chocolates and astronomy." Aisha gave in, Miguel nodded his head with a smile, "I could work with that."

"Banned? What are you taking about?" Johnny yelled from his office, this chismosos looked up in confusion as Miguel ran into the office.

Carmin laid in her bed, staring up at the ceiling, unsure what to make of her night. She hadn't eaten anything or left since she had gotten back from Cobra Kai. But she wasn't hungry.

Her mom wasn't home, once again, she hadn't been since two days after she had bought Angela a car. Of course, Carmin had a car, well no, she had a truck that once belonged to her father.

Angela was now 26, living on her own in New York, making the family proud while Carmin was only 16, living on her own, making her mother angry.

She never understood why her mother hated her so much. Or why her mother never seemed to like anything she did. But if Carmin had one guess, it was something to do with the last months of her fathers life.

Mark (Minhyuck) Kim, had passed away when Carmin was only 11. Mark and Carmin were nothing short of best friends, they did everything together.

Mandy Kim, she was a head surgeon working in Seattle, she made the majority of the families salary. And she was never home often. But Mark was still a loyal man and still loved her so.

Carmin recalls the first 11 years of her life as the happy days. When she could do no wrong as the youngest in the house and how everyone got along even with the weird schedules.

That was until her father had taken sick, her mother didn't come home but she'd sent nurses to stay with Mark. He was being treated at home which is where he would die a few months after taking sick.

Cancer, right?

Her mother and sister would come home for the funeral. But Carmin knew they both held regret, for not coming back earlier and for not saying goodbye. Carmin was there for the last moments of her fathers life.

She was there through it all.

And her mother? Was in Seattle cheating on her husband with the chief, but who cares right? Now she was a widow that realized the person who she loved most had died and she only realized that she truly loved him when she got that call.

Taking her anger out on the only person, who was there for Mark.

Her daughter.

Marks pride and joy, his treasure. His reason for fighting so hard during his treatment. Carmin.., sweet, innocent, Carmin, who could do no wrong in his eyes.

She had become the blame. And the shame in her mothers, guilty eyes.

.