where loyalty lies

season 1, episode 9
Different But Same
chapter song : she likes another boy

Carmin laid on a Toy Story blanket on the floor in front of Demetri, Miguel and Aisha

Carmin laid on a Toy Story blanket on the floor in front of Demetri, Miguel and Aisha. Her mind wandering on Robby, the boy from the car dealership as Hawk was fighting with Bert behind them. She wondered what different work activity he was up to at that moment.

Maybe changing the coffee filter or changing the car tags. Whatever it was, she would much rather be talking to him than just getting out of school for a Saturday practice test. A pout played on her lips, she was sure she had failed her practice SAT test as she spent most of the test thinking of anything else.

She begrudgingly took a bite out of her cheeseburger as she sat up on the ground. "Come on, eat something. It'll make you feel better." Demetri tried again as Carmin looked to the depressed looking Miguel.

"I told you I'm not hungry, man." Miguel sighed sadly as he played with his sandwich, Carmin patted his leg as she took another bite of her food.

"I still think you're overreacting." Demetri spoke again causing Carmin to hit his leg, "I'm not overreacting, dude. I know what I saw!" Miguel insisted.

"All right, so you saw her eating dinner with some chode." Hawk called before kicking Bert in the face, "It's probably her brother or something."

"No, dude. Brothers don't look at their sisters like that." Miguel continued, Carmin looked at her friend with sympathy, "Depends on what part of the country you're in."

Demetri commented, Carmin shook her head, "I don't know, Miguel, it could have been a family friend, it doesn't mean that she's gonna cheat on you. I mean, she's totally into you."

"Look, I just don't want what happened to Sensei, happen to me." Miguel replied, Carmin nodded her head in understanding, "All right, so you go over to this kid and beat his ass so he doesn't have the chance."

Carmin scoffed, "Don't do that. Look, in my opinion, if Sam goes, she goes, her loss. Migs, you're a complete catch, don't be stressed over some guy."

Miguel looked at Carmin for a second, taking in her words, "You should have seen it though.. they looked happy." Carmin didn't know what to say but she sure didn't like how sad Miguel seemed.

"Anyways, don't listen to Eli-." "It's Hawk!" Hawk interjected causing Demetri to roll his eyes, "The fact is, Sam's given you no reason not to trust her."

"Wow, I actually agree with him, for once." Carmin pointed to Demetri, who gave her a nod of approval, "Yeah, I guess you guys are right." Miguel finally agreed but still a little deflated.

"If she cheats, I'll kick her ass for you." Demetri scoffed while Hawk nodded his head in agreement. "Oh! That. Little. Bitch." The group looked over to Aisha in confusion at her angry tone.