betrayal in the castle of old

season 2, episode. 7
Lull
chapter song : i think he knows

Carmin Viola Kim was once the loneliest girl in the valley

Carmin Viola Kim was once the loneliest girl in the valley. Maybe not physically but emotionally, she was all alone. Her days were once starting to look the same, like hours and moments all strung together as the sun went down and the moon went up. And during these moments, others made long lasting memories while she would stare at the same wall blankly. Hoping something would change.

As though she had been reading the same chapter in her book of life, over and over again. Maybe it was due to her crazy love life or the fact her home was as empty as an unused bowl kept in the cupboards. Or maybe the fact she used to not have real friends but lackies who followed her every move.

Carmin had been losing her mind and had been constantly searching the darkness for the light.

Her mother would always say that no one cared about anyone more than family. And maybe that was true, maybe family were the only people who would ever truly care for you. Even for Carmin, family cared about her more than anyone else.

But not the family she was born into.

Carmin had finally found her light in the dark. And that was Diaz family.

"Min, eat more." Yaya scolded the teenage girl with the little English she knew. Carmin went to argue but the older woman had already dropped more rice onto her plate. And who was Carmin to complain to food.

Miguel looked between his best friend and his family with a smile on his face seeing how happy Carmin looked. She grabbed her fork from her plate and began to eat more rice.

Miguel's mother, Carmen walked over, taking her seat at the dinner table. "So Carmin, I hear that you guys got a new karate Sensei at the dojo, how are you liking him?" She asked the korean girl, who let out a sigh before shrugging.

"He's okay. But very violent. Like his lessons make a lot of sense but still I don't want to knock out my friends." Carmen lifted an eyebrow of surprise up at her sons friend.

"Knock out?" Carmen looked over at her son, who sighed, "Yeah, she had to knock out Mitch for a lesson on female self defense. She and Tory basically kicked our asses the whole day."

Min smiled proudly while nodding her head, "Yup. I knew I could beat you in a fight." She pointed a finger at Miguel who rolled his eyes, "First of all you didn't beat me, stop spreading lies. And second of all you cheated."

Carmin scoffed at Miguel's denial of her victory, "Um okay, 1. I did beat you, 2. I don't need to cheat when I'm this good." She lifted her arms up victoriously whole Carmen laughed and Yaya grinned. Miguel continued to deny her victory but Carmin didn't pay much attention to him.

Instead, she looked around the table with a smile because for once in a very long time, she belonged. And not just to a group of people, but a family, one who actually wanted her there. One who enjoyed her presence as much as she did theirs.