act. 3

"i heard what you said that day at moon's party, you like me, kim"

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

For girls like Carmin, she didn't think she'd ever grow up. As a kid she would sit by her window, reading books and watching movies to pass the time. At the time, everything seemed to be going by slowly.

She wished to grow up as a quickly as she possibly could. She wanted to find the love of her life, get married and have a family. She wanted to be as far away from a school as she couple possibly be.

But now as she was a teenager, things were becoming.. real.

Boys had become a problem that she wanted to leave in the past. But they made up half of the population so she would always have a boy problem.

But other than boys. There were things she had to really worry about like college and her future. At the age of 18, she needs to know exactly what she wants in life.

What school she wants to go too. What country. Where she would live. How to pay taxes. How to be an adult.

She started to grow up so quickly after her father died. Having to fend for herself when her maid and butler went home for the day. And now they weren't over as often.

Carmin was forced to grow up because her mother couldn't grow up and realize that she needed to parent.

Not every woman is made to be a mother or can be one at that. Not every woman is willing to learn. Carmin's certainly wasn't.

Carmin used to consider her mother a good one, due to all the things Mark Kim would say about her. How Mandy did so much for them.

But where was Mandy now? Anywhere but with her daughter.

Now, Carmin has to face the realities of adulthood but of course she could still dream of her future. Carmin hopes and dreams that one day when she grows up, and has a family, that she'll be a good mother.

The kind of mother who's child comes to her when they need something as simple as to talk. The kind of mother who holds their child when their upset. The kind of mother who makes their child feel loved.

When Carmin grows up, she wants to be a better mother than her own ever was.