the way of life

season 3, episode 6
king cobra
chapter song : the last time

Carmin once said, 'the secret of life is letting go of the past', and she believed that

Carmin once said, 'the secret of life is letting go of the past', and she believed that. She really did. So she let go of it. The furniture in her home that made it feel like her dad never left, the anxiety that came with going to school after the fight, and the person who she cared for most, Miguel Diaz.

He'd shut her out. Quite brutally, honestly. And that wasn't fine but she had to be okay with it. Miguel had broke her heart. He'd left her. Abandoned her in a way. After everything.

And she despised him for it.

"Hiyah!" The dummy head once again flew off, hitting Rickenberger in the back, "Oh look who's back, how've you been, princess?" Hawk walked over to the girl, Tory beside him. "I figured it was time I came out of retirement."

She mustered out as she performed a knee strike, the sound caused an echo. Tory and Hawk shared a look, "Who are you imagining that is? Hmm, Larusso?" Hawk laughed, Carmin shot him a look, "I don't care about your guys stupid rivalry with the Miyagi-Do, leave me out of that shit."

"Then why are you back here?!" Hawk argued with the girl, who stopped hitting the dummy, turning to him. "Because I'm pissed, so either you shut up and walk away or I make you the dummy."

He glared at her before walking away, Tory looked at her in concern. "You okay? I mean, you're not okay but who hurt you? I'll deal with them." Carmin mustered up a small smile, "I realized staying in place like a doormat wasn't going to help me at all. I got off my ass."

Tory nodded her head turning away as the doorbell jingled, Carmin didn't pay attention, "Class welcome our new students." The girl finally pulled her attention away from the dummy as Mitch approached Kyler.

Carmin's eyes widened seeing the boy, she looked over at Hawk, who's face had fallen. She snapped back to old Carmin, she approached the boy, "Hey." He glanced over at her, "What?"

"Look, I don't wanna deal with your Miyagi-Do beef but that guy, I'll kick his ass if he tries anything, ok? I know you've got it but if you need backup." Hawk nodded his head in her direction but didn't voice any thoughts.

"Everyone, fall in..." Everyone including Carmin had moved to get into their lines, Kreese stood before them, handing in his black belt, "Joining Cobra Kai is a privilege. It's not a gift. Which is why our recruits must earn their position in this dojo. Prepare yourselves for combat. Only the strong with survive."

The whole class moved to stand around the mat, "Class, prepare for combat." Carmin moved to stand on the other side of Tory, "Who's the mouth breather." Tory questioned eyeing Kyler skeptically, "He's a pervert ass dick, kinda the cause of all of this."

Tory nodded her head, immediately not liking the guy who was watching everyone amused. Kyler had then caught sight of Hawk, moving towards him with a laugh, "Holy shit! You remember? Look, it's the kid with the lip!" Carmin immediately clenched her fists, she made her way over.