may i have this dance

season 4, episode 8
party time
chapter song : now that we don't talk

"So Min, what are you looking forwards to this school year?" Miguel held up a fisted hand to use as a pretend microphone, Carmin hummed cheekily as she looked at the notebooks and pencils scattered around her living room floor

"So Min, what are you looking forwards to this school year?" Miguel held up a fisted hand to use as a pretend microphone, Carmin hummed cheekily as she looked at the notebooks and pencils scattered around her living room floor. "I'm looking forwards to an excellent academic comeback made by yours truly."

She patted herself on the chest, causing Miguel to laugh from across from her, "I'm being serious, what are you looking forwards too?" Carmin's face fell slightly, "I am being serious, I need an academic comeback."

Miguel gave her a look, "Fine! Um.. I'm looking forwards too another great year of karate, and hanging with my friends. And I'm looking forwards to prom."

"Prom?" Miguel raised an eyebrow at that, Carmin nodded, cheerfully, "I already have my prom dress." Miguel's eyes widened in disbelief, "There's no way." She stood up happily, bouncing up and down, "You want to see it?!"

Before he could even reply, she was bolting up the stairs, he shook his head in disbelief, never seeing her run so fast. A few minutes later, she came down with a long, dress bag, "I know the prom isn't for, what.. another 8 months but by then all the good dresses would be gone. And there is no way, that I'm looking worse than Yasmin."

"Obviously." Miguel agreed as she came to a stop in front of their pill of school supplies, "Close your eyes." Miguel did as told, bearing her unwrapping the dress from its container, "Okay, look!"

Miguel opened his eyes, his eyes widened slightly seeing the dress. It very much screamed expensive like he was expecting, but it also very much said.. Carmin.

It was a white dress, that stopped around the same length as her ankles, it had stringy straps and a load of pearl details on the dress. A bunch of hand stitched embroidery on it as well, he could already see her in it.

"Wow." He breathed out, staring at it, "It's great, right?!" She jumped up and down in excitement, "It's amazing, it's very.. you." She grinned even more at that, putting the dress back in its bag and placing it gently on the couch.

"I know! Aisha helped me pick it out, I even got these heels with cute, lace bows on them. I'm so excited." She jumped on the floor besides Miguel, "You'll be with Tory and I'll have forced Demetri to go with me, it will be perfect!"

"Demetri? I thought you hated Demetri." Carmin shrugged her shoulders, "Yeah, but he's Demetri, who else am I suppose to go with, Kyler?" Miguel mustered out a laugh at that. "I'm sure, you'll have boyfriend by then, a good one."