Chapter 1

It's now been another hour that I've laid here in my bed, gazing at my blank white roof. I've decided that I'm just going to do it. I'll go.

*                 *                 *

It's so typical, for your family to move from your home, and everyone seems to love it but yourself. But that's what's happened to me. Melbourne has been shit since the day I moved here. Nothing really seems to make me happy.

I hate my job, my family irritates me immensely, and don't get me started on my "friends". The only person that's holding me back from leaving this hell hole is Zayn, my boyfriend of two years. Now he's the one thing that actually does make me happy. He's always been there through everything. I can't just leave him, I really wish I could though, and I know for sure he won't want to leave with me. For some reason he likes it so much here.

I just want to go back to Sydney.

I moved here with my family when I was fifteen, I'm twenty-two now. It was good for the first three years while I was still at school but now I can't stand the idea of living here for any longer. I'll leave soon though, I have to.

Today's Zayn's birthday, he turns twenty-three. He doesn't look his age, only younger by a year or or two. He's six ft, has short black hair that's long on top, gorgeous cheek bones, slight stubble and he is very tone. I've never been sure as to how a girl like me that's five ft eight with a plain body and shaggy, long, mousy hair, can call someone like that mine. We're the perfect example of the saying 'opposites attract'.

"You ready to get going?" Zayn asks me from his bathroom door frame. He's wearing a nice white button up shirt with black ripped jeans, looking quite attractive if I say so myself.

I quickly brush another layer of mascara onto my eyes. "Sure am."

We're on our way to his brother's place for a catch up with some of his friends, nothing too big really, well too big for them, there will probably be about thirty people there. Zayn's brother's name is Luke. He's twenty-five and annoyingly enough, he looks a lot like his brother. He's easily the biggest jerk I know. Just another aspect to add onto my list as to why I hate it here.

Once Zayn and I arrive at Luke's house, there's a scatter of cars on the front lawn, indicating we're a little late. After Zayn puts the car in park, I slowly get out of the passenger seat and am quickly greeted with his hand that's now entwined with mine, this being quite a protective action due to the fact that he knows I don't really like his friends, they're all loud and crazy, into the heavy drinking type of people, which is the polar opposite to me. I'm not even one hundred percent sure why Zayn is friends with them. We're only going to be here for a few hours, I'm hoping I can pull through.

When we walk through the front door I can already smell the strong scent of alcohol and cigarette smoke. I want to leave already.

"Zayn! Violet! How ya's goin'?" Shouts Jack once he sees us enter the living room. People are sitting and standing all over the place with either a beer or cigarette in their hand.

"Call me Via," I say before either of us even say a hello, I hate when people call me by my full name.

"Bit rude there Violet, no wonder I like you," Matt states. He's such a grot, easily the most irritable out of all the people here. Why did he have to be blessed with such great looks though? I'm still standing at the entrance of the living room next to Zayn, with my arm slung around his.

"I'm going home," I lean up and whisper into Zayn's ear. I'm so uncomfortable already, I couldn't bare to stay here for another few hours. I quickly lose contact with him by turning around and walking out the front door.  Once I reach the blue car that belongs to Zayn, I realise my theory behind storming out was quite poor, how am I supposed to go home when we came in Zayn's car and he has the keys? As I begin to turn around to go back inside and embarrass myself, I see Zayn walking out the front door.

"I'm sorry," Is all I can really say. This get together was for him, I should have just pulled through the few hours but I couldn't even do that.

"Why?" He laughs with no humour, staring at me confused.

"For being incredibly selfish. This was for you and all I could care about was myself and how I felt. I probably embarrassed you too for my little outburst of nearly sprinting awa-" I didn't even get to finish what I was rambling on about because Zayn's lips are suddenly on mine, only for a short three seconds but it shut me up.

"Just get into the car," He smiles almost seductively.

It's a good two hour drive from Luke's house to Zayn's, the whole car trip was merely silent, but far from awkward, so I guess you could say it was peaceful. It was heading towards nine p.m when we finally park in his driveway. We both get out of the car and stroll to his front door.

"Don't worry about tonight, they don't matter anyway," Zayn leans forward to put his lips onto mine. He passionately gets deeper into the kiss before he slowly places his hands on my hips.

He starts to get more into it, despite the fact we're on his front door step. "No Zayn. Not tonight," I demand very lightly. He holds my hand and opens the front door, guiding me to his lounge, he slowly lays me down onto it. "I meant not at all Zayn. I'm menstrual," I chuckle. He shows me a frown before he keeps going. Bending down from on top of me to kiss me, caressing my body.

Not this again. "Please no Zayn," an unintentional tear escapes me eye. Shit.

"Well fuck, it's my birthday. That's a little unfair isn't it?" He replies abruptly. I don't reply to him, I just stare at him, expecting him to try continue with me. Instead he just stares at the TV screen in front of him blankly. I know it's his birthday but I can't really decide when I get my period. He shouldn't really be annoyed at me.

After watching endless movies, I decide to finally turn the TV off once I hear Zayn's soft snores next to me. I get up to go get changed, brush my teeth then go back to his room to get ready to go to sleep. I don't bother waking Zayn, I'll just have his bed to myself.

I just can't stop thinking about leaving. Once I look at the time, I realise I've been laying here for about two hours straight just simply thinking of all these different ways I can leave with no troubles, where I would go and how I could leave Zayn with neither of us feeling pain from me leaving, I don't think that's quite possible though. If I go, I want to go now. Right now. Quickly pack a bag and just leave, I don't have many crucial things at my house anyway due to still living with my parents. I've got necessities here that I'll take with me. I think I even have a bag here that I could carry my stuff in.

It's now been another hour that I've laid here in my bed, gazing at my blank white roof. I've decided that I'm just going to do it. I'll go.

~

A/N: hey everyone! Thank you for starting to read my story :) clearly this is just the first chapter and trust me, it gets better, I hope. You can always be the judge of that so please keep reading! Lots of love xx