Chapter 48

It's been five painful hours since Harry's flight departed from Sydney. He's officially gone and we're both physically and emotionally not together anymore. Ouch.

I wanted to keep this relationship going, I really did, but long distance would kill me, probably not just metaphorically either. I have to think of my own mental health first.

I would constantly be on edge about what he's doing and if he were with any girls - that just sounds like I'm psycho. Or I'll be being self conscious of what males I'm hanging out with.

It's ironic, because I always thought that when you fell in love, like really fell in love, that it would last. You'd get married and have a family. But in reality, life's not a fairy tale and not everything turns out like you want it to, and my situation is a very good example of that.

Maybe he'll come back and stay for good, but I have my doubts. It wouldn't be healthy for either of us for him to be going back and forth all the time.

Maybe this move will be beneficial for the both of us. We both might find someone better. More suited for ourselves.

Yea - I wish it were that simple.

How could someone like me possibly find someone half as good as Harry. How did I even get so lucky to call him mine in the first place anyway?

"When you're in your own train of thought, it's like you're on a whole other planet," Danielle laughs as she waves her hand in front of my eyes, standing in front of me. She finally achieves at getting my attention. I wonder how long she was trying to get my attention for.

"Sorry." I feel my cheeks turn a shade of pink.

"As I was saying," she gives me a knowing look. She probably knows exactly what I was thinking about. "Louis is shouting us all Chinese food for dinner. What do you want?"

My normal reply would be; 'I'll have what Harry's having. It'll be easier for who ever orders.' But that clearly can't be the case anymore.

"Hurry up. The shop will be closed by the time you figure out what you want," Louis shouts to me from the kitchen. I haven't moved from my spot on the floor since Harry was here with me.

"I'll have what Niall's having." I really do struggle with making decisions. Whether it's about food or life.

Danielle leans onto her hands beside me, and sits herself onto her bum. She rests her arms around my shoulders, gently pulling me closer towards her in a caring hug.

"It's not the end of the world babe. It sucks, I know, but he's not dead," she says much more bluntly than I had expected. "That came out wrong," she thinks momentarily, lightly chuckling to herself. "I mean that you both can still chat, and keep each other updated. He may be on the other side of the world but he's still here, you know? I'm pissed off he left too. I'm even devastated that you're both not dating anymore. You were the best thing for him," she leans her head on mine.

Hearing her words just made me more confused as to why he's left in the first place. No point in fretting over it now though. He's officially on a plane in the sky, going back home.

"I just don't get it," I vent to her through a heavy sigh.

"I think the ring he got you is very sweet." Danielle vaguely changes subject, grabbing my left hand and examining the new jewelry on my finger. I can't believe he thought that I would ever forget about him. It's not physically possible.

"I know. Did he tell you the reasoning behind it?" I lift my head away from hers to look at her facial expression. She's wearing a cheesy smile. "He told you didn't he?"

"Even though I was angry at him for wanting to move back to England, and he was angry at me for my poor reaction to the news, he still called and asked me for advice on the ring. Making sure it was good enough for you." Her face goes all sappy and sweet at the thought of what Harry did for me.

He has always put so much thought into the things he bought me. I hated yet loved when he bought me things. I could never buy him anything due to my lack of money. He was always persistent on the fact that my love for him was the best gift. The cheesy sod. But I loved the effort he always put into the surprises. There was never one I disliked.

"Hey Via?" Liam chimes as he enters the lounge room from the hallway, flopping himself down on the sofa bed behind me.

"Yes?" I respond in question as I turn my head slightly to look at him. He's sprawled out across the sofa, making himself at home.

"Can you tell Harry to come back now? I miss him already," he fake whines, resting his head on his hands that are perched behind his head. He looks like he's ready for a nap.

"And why can't you tell him that?" I laugh.

"He listens to you," he replies like the answer was obvious.

"If he listened to me he wouldn't have moved in the first place."

"Touché," Liam nods his head in acknowledgment.

~

Knock knock knock

Knock knock knock

I groggily creep open my left eye, looking at my surroundings. I sit up slightly from my sleeping position on the lounge. The whole room is in a haze of darkness, but I can just vaguely make out a sleeping Louis on his sofa bed.

I look down to myself, still in the clothes from last night, no blankets are covering me. I must've crashed on the lounge after Danielle and Liam left last night.

Knock knock knock

Who would be at the door? I look over to the digital clock under the tv, it's three in the morning. I attempt to wake myself up a little more by standing to my feet. I walk over to the kitchen to turn on the light as it's closest to the door. Instantly it turns on, causing my pupils to painfully constrict.

Knock knock knock

They're a little impatient who ever it may be, considering how early it is. I wonder how much longer they were knocking before I awoke.

Louis still is sound asleep, not even phased by the tedious punches to the door, or even from the blaring kitchen light.

As I walk closer towards the front door, I spot Danielle's purse on the kitchen counter. That's probably who it is. She can't live with out that thing, even if it's three in the morning and she probably doesn't need it.

I briskly grab the purse and head over to the door before she starts knocking again. I swing the door widely open, the bright light from the complex hallway causing me to squint.

"How did you forget your wal-"

"I'm an idiot."