Chapter 17

"And he also told me, you ready for this..." I pause drastically. "He told me that he loved me," I coo like a teenage girl.

"I knew it!" Danielle exclaims excitedly. "All the time he tells me how much he bloody adores you, it's about time he said something," she laughs.

"I was far from expecting it." I can feel my face is all chuffed.

"Did you say it back?" She asks curiously.

"Uh," I pretend to ponder. I'm going to sound like such a bitch. "Um...no."

"Why?" Danielle asks incredibly confused. "I can tell just by the way you speak of his name that he means a hell of a lot to you. Are the feelings not mutual?"

"They are mutual, but I mentally couldn't bring myself to say it back," I cower, "I got scared."

"I understand. But don't lead him on you know, if the feelings change. You don't want to leave him hanging," she smiles. Before I get to reply, the waiter is serving us our meals. Sometimes what Danielle says, it hurts a little, like she's accusing me of doing things I'd never do, but she's just giving advice, stuff that's true but I just don't want to think about.

"You're right, but I won't," I say as I eat a hot chip. I hear the little bell ring to indicate someone is walking through the door, I have a quick look up and I see Liam and Harry walk through the door and towards our table. "How'd they know we are here?" I ask Danielle.

"I told Liam I was here but I never invited him," she laughs confused as she turns around to see Harry and Liam have now reached our table. "And what brings you two hunks here?" She looks up at the two of them.

"We wanted to see our two favourite girls!" Harry says sarcastically with the largest grin.

"Sit down you goofs," I laugh before Harry bends down and gives me a quick kiss. Both him and Liam grab a chair from an empty table and drag it over to ours.

"Oh yea Harry told me you two are finally dating," Liam exclaims after witnessing our brief kiss. "He's punching above his weight that's for sure," I nearly choke on my food from shock and laughter. Danielle sarcastically gasps and elbows him in the stomach. "In all seriousness though, I'm happy for you guys. Harry always blabs on like a teenage girl about how amazing, perfect, beautiful, funny, loy-" Liam's over dramatic rant gets cut short.

"Ok I think she gets the point Liam," Harry says sternly from embarrassment.

"You cutie," I say as I pinch his cheek with one of my hands and place the other on his lap.

Liam and Danielle get into their own little conversation, so Harry decides to start our own. "What are you going to do about work? Did you call in sick today?" Harry asks.

"Yea I did. I think I'm going to quit. There is no way I'll be able to handle working with Eve. It may sound petty but I don't care," I laugh at myself.

"I don't think anyone would think you sound petty. I couldn't work with some guy that used to date you," I slightly chuckle, remembering Zayn was my only boyfriend before Harry. "What's funny?" He asks whilst sounding remotely offended.

"Nothing," I say before I kiss his cheek.

After Danielle and I finished our lunch, with the help of Harry and Liam, we say our good byes and begin the trip to our own homes. Now that Harry's here, Danielle won't need to give me a lift anymore. I really need to get my license.

"Do you want to go anywhere else or just straight to our flats?" Harry asks as he starts the car up.

"Can we just go driving around? I don't feel like going back to the complex yet," I slide down the passenger seat a little, just so I can get more comfortable.

"Yea sure," he chimes.

As Harry drives us around the city, further and further away from the complex, I think about asking the question that's been on my mind for the past two days.

"Harry, can I ask you a question?"

His lips turn up in a little smirk. "Anything."

"What did Eve do to you?" I ask carefully. His smile falters.

"I told you. She cheated on me on multiple occasions," his reply is simple.

"Harry I know there's something else you're not telling me. Both Danielle and Niall told me not to hurt you because of something that's happened before," I try not to push him too much.

He laughs a little. "Why doesn't that surprise me," he states. Harry doesn't say anything more.

"You don't have to tell me, but I'm here if you want to talk about it," I attempt at offering kindly.

Harry lets out a large breath before he begins speaking. "My relationship was kind of like Zayn and yours. I was too blinded by my naive love for her to realise she was emotionally abusing me. So much. She would even hit me but I thought it was ok, and not with bad intentions because she was a woman. But she meant to hurt me, she really did."

My respect for Eve decreased dramatically by nearly every word. I will never be able to look at her the same way again. It all makes sense as to why Harry got so mad about my situation with Zayn, he knows how much it sucks, and he didn't like the thought of me going through what he did.

"Harry I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I can definitely say I understand at least. But I would never have you go through that again. I won't ever do that to you, I promise," I reassure as I put my hand on his that's already placed on my thigh.

His lips turn up into a little smile. "It never crossed my mind that you would Via."

***

"I'll have a latte on skim milk please, and..."

"And I'll have a flat white please," I state politely. After driving for about an hour, Harry and I decided we'd stop off at a little cafe for a coffee since we have nothing much more to do today. "I don't see the point in asking for a latte, it's just a cappuccino basically, but with a dumb name considering that in Italian latte means milk. Try asking for a latte in Italy, you'll just get a glass of milk with NO coffee," I state proudly, like knowing this detail has finally come in handy.

"You know what, I'm going to sleep so much better tonight now that I know that bit of information. Thank you so much Via," Harry exaggerates as we wait for our coffees.

"Oh shut up," I laugh.

It's six p.m when we finally reach our complex. We both walk through the front doors and into the elevator.

"Your flat or mine?" Harry asks.

"I don't know if I want either. I don't think I like you right now," I sarcastically humph.

"And why's that?" He asks as he crosses his arms.

"You were mean about my latte fact!" I pretend to be upset. Harry laughs, surprisingly hard.

"Looks like I'm going to have to make it up to you then won't I," he says smoothly as he presses the number to his floor.