Chapter 4

I'm slowly awoken from someone's phone ringing. I sit up from the lounge to try see who's it is but the ringing soon ends. I see Niall and Louis asleep on the other lounge in what looks like a very uncomfortable position, with their heads hung down slightly, sitting up on the lounge. I look to the floor to see Harry and Liam asleep and the TV still on that's just above them. The clock next to the TV shows three thirty a.m. We all decided yesterday to have a movie marathon and have a couple drinks, which ended up being more than a couple by the looks of it, with beer bottles scattered in the lounge room.

The phone starts ringing again and I see that it's mine. I get up and take my phone with me to my room. It's Zayn.

"Hello?" I state with my still sleep ridden voice.

"Do you honestly think I cared about you after our first year of dating? Do you honestly think I cared that you've left? Why do you think we had sex so often." With a sadistic laugh, he hung up. I fall onto my bed. Not sure what to do. Was all what he said true? He sounded quite drunk but he sounded so sincere and now that I think about it, he was right, he never really supported me, I'd go to him for a shoulder to cry on and we'd end up having sex, using my vulnerability while he can. He was always so forceful.

I just cry, I feel so betrayed but annoyed at myself for not noticing this whole time. I cared for him so much but the feeling clearly wasn't mutual. How could I have been so fucking naive.

I look down at my phone, it's four a.m. I've been crying for almost half an hour. I'm so pathetic. Why should I be crying over someone who shouldn't matter, but sadly he still does to me. I look back up to my door frame as I heard a noise.

"You alright?" Due to the darkness of the hallway and my room, I can't see his face but through his sleepy voice I can just make out that it's Harry.

"Uhm yea, thank you. How come you're awake?" I have to say through holding back tears as I quickly wipe away the ones that have already fallen.

He chuckles softly, "your crying woke me up so I thought I may as well see if you're alright."

A rush of guilt flows over me, "I'm sorry! I didn't think you'd be able to hear me in here."

"Do you mind if I ask why you were crying?" He asks as he sits next to me on the bed. His concern made my stomach flutter. Why would he care?

"Don't worry about it. I don't want to put my petty problems onto you," I laugh with no humour. "Plus we've only just become friends."

"Hey you just called me your friend!" Harry exclaims with a sarcastic, excited tone. I reach over to my bedside table to turn on the bedside lamp so I could actually see Harry with some decent light.

After that Harry and I stay on my bed and just chat, about his life here and in England, about my life in Melbourne, how he could sleep on the floor for so long, and really anything that came to mind. I've learnt so much more about him from the one on one than I did with any of the other boys while I was chatting with them tonight. Harry has such a kind heart, he's genuinely such a funny guy and he actually doesn't have any family here, the only people he's got in his life in Australia are Niall, Louis, Liam and his girlfriend Danielle. So we're remotely in the same situation. I look at my phone for the time again, it's six a.m, we've been talking for almost two hours.

"I'm not sure how none of the others have woken up, we haven't exactly been that quiet," I whisper a little quieter to him.

"They're heavy sleepers when they're drunk," Harry laughs, he doesn't seem hung over at all.

"How much did you drink last night? You don't seem hungover, my heads been pounding this whole time," I whine.

"I didn't drink as much as you did, you little alcoholic," he says through a cheeky grin. Harry has such a beautiful smile, it makes his eyes crinkle and dimples become so prominent.

"Shut up," is all I can muffle due to my clouded thoughts.

We both get up off my bed to go into the lounge room to see if any of them are actually awake. Once we enter we see Liam up and putting his jacket on with his car keys in hand.

"I've gotta get going, Danielle needs a lift somewhere soon and I'm not even home. I'll see ya's later," he frantically states before he exits Niall's flat. Liam and his girlfriend just started living together and by the sounds of it Liam is struggling a bit due to his loss of freedom with situations like tonight.

"I'm going to wake the other two up. Their necks look like they're about to snap," I let Harry know.

Niall didn't say a word as I woke him up, he just took himself to his own bed. It took a bit to get Louis to consciousness.

"What time is it?" Louis asks with a groggy voice.

"It's almost quarter past six. We all kind of fell asleep out here last night," I tell Louis. He's very hung over. "You can sleep on the lounge for longer if you like but you just didn't look comfortable." With that Louis lays himself out on the lounge and is back to sleep mere instantly.

Harry lives in the same complex, just a floor down so that's how he met Niall. With a hug goodbye he's now left to sleep in his own bed. Once I get back into my bed I start to think about Zayn. Harry distracted me from him for so long but now I'm back to my tedious thoughts about him. I should hate Zayn but I just can't bring myself to. Even through everything he's done to me, he was still my minor support when no one else have to fucks about me. I never told Niall about what was happening. He never really had a chance to be there for me.