Chapter 9

We never saw each other later, let alone spoke. I decide i should text him at least. What I did was ridiculously stupid. He told me quite a bit about his situation, he felt comfortable with me, but yet I shut him down. Why am I so irrational? I decide to quickly message him.

Can I please come to your flat in the morning? I'm sorry about this morning Harry.

Nearly immediately my phone alerts me of a new message.

Harry
Can you please come now?

I was shocked in all honesty. I thought he'd be annoyed at me and not even want to see me tomorrow.

Of course. Give me a minute

Once again, I've stayed in my pj's, that consists of silk black shorts and a grey singlet top, I'm putting my jacket on and leaving for Harry's flat. Once I reach the lounge room, I see that Niall's propped up on the lounge.

"Where are you going?" Niall asks confused, "it's almost one a.m."

I wasn't sure what to tell him at first, I thought he'd be asleep. "Uhhhhh just going to...um," I stutter. I just felt that if I said I was going to Harry's at this early in the morning, Niall would be asking a lot of questions that I wasn't in the mood to answer.

"Harry's?" He chuckles.

"How'd you know?" I ask quite confused.

Niall laughs louder this time. "Be realistic. Where else would you be going?"

"Shut up," I laugh, "I'll be back soon," I start to walk to the door.

"Wait," Niall says as he merely leaps up from his seat on the lounge, walking over to me. "I probably shouldn't tell you this but Harry has really taken a liking to you Via. Never seen him like someone this much in just four months," he stands reasonably close, talking in almost a panic.

I wasn't really sure what to say to that. I was flattered, I was confused, but I could also say the feeling was mutual. I've never had such a caring friend before, I'm just scared that if we pursue anything between us that it'll ruin it.

"What are you trying to say Niall?" I raise my brows.

"Just, don't hurt him or anything. He's a good guy Via." Niall is really close with Harry. I know he doesn't think I'll hurt him, he's just looking out for his friend, but it didn't feel like that.

"Do you think I will?" I wasn't sure whether I was asking Niall or myself that question.

"No of course not. I was just..." he seemed quite distressed looking for an answer.

"It's fine Niall," I chuckle. I didn't want to stress him out over it. "I won't hurt him. Just for you," I smile briefly before giving him a small hug. We let go of each other, then I turn around and walk out the door.

Standing in front of Harry's front door was remotely daunting. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to say to him. After knocking twice he opens the door.

"Hi," I try to smile cheerfully.

Harry is in the same outfit as last night. No shirt and long trousers, but his hair is in a bun this time. Great. He just smiles back and gestures me inside. I walk over to his lounge and sit down while he joins me. It's like déjà vu.

"I'm sorry," he states carefully.

"You goof. Don't be. You didn't do anything wrong," I smile at him, trying to ease his nerves.

"Are you kidding? I had no right to just kiss you like that! We're friends. Nothing was even spoken of being more than that," he retaliates frantically.

"Calm down Harry. It was just a kiss. Do you think that if it was that much of an issue I would have been kissing back?" Once I said those last few words, he instantly relaxed. Realization hitting him that he really didn't have anything to worry about.

"I still feel bad though Via. I shouldn't have d-" before I am completely aware of what I'm doing, I cup Harry's warm face with my hands, placing my lips on his, now in a passionate kiss. I should regret it, but I don't. I want this.

Harry responds almost immediately, with his arms wrapping around my torso to bring myself closer to him.

"Would you shut up? I'm sorry for what I did," I quickly say through a break of the kiss. "I shouldn't have just left. Now shhhh."

We now lay there on his lounge, just merely kissing, feeling, heavy breathing for multiple minutes.

"Via," Harry says through a short breath. "Please stay the night here?" Instantly I thought he wanted to sleep with me. I know that's not like Harry but that's what Zayn used to say to me all the time. I must have showed a worried expression on my face as he quickly adds to his question. "Just because I want you here, I don't want to pursue with anymore...activities," he slightly chuckles awkwardly, merely trying to ease my tension.

I smile up at him, "of course."

He gets up from the lounge, grabs my hand and pulls me up with him to guide me to his room. Once I'm guided to his bed through the dark room, Harry switches the bedside lamp on and lays down next to me. His room is just as cute as the rest of the flat, so full of intricate things, everything just so...Harry.

"My room isn't that interesting either Violet." He smirks.

"Ok so one, don't use my full name again, and two, I've never seen your room before. I like to suss things out." Harry laughs and turns onto his side to face me.

"Why do you hate your full name so much?" His question was innocent, just full of curiosity. However, the answer to it makes me shiver.

"That's a long story that I'm not willing to tell you at half past one in the morning," I try my best to reply as lightly and sarcastically as I can. "Good night Harry," I add as I get under the blanket. Thankfully, Harry doesn't bother asking me anymore about it before he rolls over and turns the bedside lamp off.

He shuffles closer to me, wraps his comforting arm over my waist and quickly gives me a quick peck on the forehead. "Good night Via."

I was surprised at how comfortable he was with me already, though I hadn't felt so content in a long time either. It was easy to become comfortable around him. He has that type of demeanor.

For the first time in a long time, I don't go to bed thinking about Zayn or my problems. I went to bed, happy. And even with someone else on my mind, but that someone was worth my thoughts. He was the one causing my new found emotions.