Chapter 18

I walk into the doors of Gloria Jeans with hesitance. I really do not want to face Eve but I have to. I need to quit.

"Hey Via! Where have you been?" Brodie asks as she's making a coffee for a customer.

"I've only been gone for just under a week," I laugh and shake my head. "But it's a long story. I'm quitting though," I show a glimpse of a pout.

"You can't quit. I'll have no work pal," Brodie whines. I pretend to wipe away a trickling tear.

I really like Brodie, she'll be the only thing I miss about working at this place. I'll have to keep in contact with her after I leave.

"I'll see you later. I need to go speak with Eve." I slowly walk to the managers office, she's always in there, never actually working. I'd never really noticed how lazy she was until now. She always made Brodie, I and the other workers do everything.

"I'm surprised you wanted to see me Via," she smiles as I walk through the door.

"Don't flatter yourself. I'm here to hand in my forms to quit, then I'm gone," I say coldly.

"Awh no don't quit. We need you here." At first, I thought she was being serious, until she shows her malicious smile.

"Good bye Eve, nice working with you." With that I walked away, out of her office.

"Wait!" She exclaims as she quickly jogs up to me before I exit thought the front doors of the cafe. She pauses and takes in a deep breath, as she looks me in the eyes. "I love Harry. You have no idea how much I still think about him. You can't take him away from me," she says with such desperation, mere whimpers escaping her lips.

I look at Eve, surprised at her confession, but then I just laugh." Go fuck yourself." I then push the door open and begin my short walk home.

It felt really good, to be able to just put my foot down and not cop her shit, unlike the time I did the last time at Harry's flat.

Whilst I'm walking in my own little world, almost reaching the complex, I get a message.

Danielle
It's Friday, and due to you having a pretty shitty week, I'm taking you out tonight! No boys.

I laugh at her message, it reminds me of a cheesy American movie. I haven't genuinely had a proper night out in what seems like forever. Zayn never used to really let me and I never thought about it too much when I got back to Sydney.

I'll be there xx

I look back up from my phone to make sure I'm not going to be running into anyone as I look at my phone. The message alerts goes off again.

Danielle
Yay! I'll pick you up at 7pm. Dress sexy but have that look of 'sorry I'm in a relationship'. Get what I'm talking about? Xx

As I walk down the hall almost to my front door, I loudly laugh to myself. Thankfully no one was there to witness it.

No I don't but I'll try sort something out. See you then x

I walk into my flat to see Niall and Harry watching some movie.

"Niall shouldn't you be at work?" I ask.

"Nothing wrong with taking a sick day on a Friday," he says happily.

I just laugh as I walk over to kiss Harry hello. Immediately his lips grow into a smile.

"What are you so happy about?" I chuckle.

"You," he states goofily, his dimples protruding. Gosh I'm in such awe of him.