Chapter 37

I look in the mirror. I'm all puffy eyed with ratty hair. I look fantastic after a night of crying. So beautiful.

I quickly rinse my face with the crisp cold water from the bathroom tap, trying to wake myself up just that bit more.

With Louis now living with us, it doesn't give me much of chance at avoiding him for a little while. Sounds horrible but I just can't deal with facing him right now. The way my emotions have been I may end up crying onto his shoulder or slapping him senseless.

I need to just get the balls and talk to him. It needs to be sorted out. I walk out of the bathroom and into the empty kitchen, eager to eat something before I go talking with Louis. Maybe he'll still be asleep. It is nine in the morning after all, that'll give me some time to get my bearings of what to say to him.

"Morning Via," I hear a raspy voice from the lounge as I open the fridge. Well there goes that theory. I look over to Louis, he's giving me a cautious smile. He's probably not sure of where we stand after last night.

I don't even know where we stand. Last night, I think we were just so distracted by the moment and got carried away. Regardless we were both in the wrong, but I don't think there are any feelings there. At least I don't feel any.

"Hi," I smile awkwardly. Can I ever be normal?

"While Niall is still asleep, do you want to talk about last night?" He says hesitantly, but his eyes pleading to talk it out.

"Uh, sure," I leave the kitchen and my half poured bowl of cereal on the counter. Louis shuffles back on the lounge, leaving more space for me to sit while also having a comfortable distance between us.

Pristine blue eyes look at me worriedly. I've never seen Louis like this. "I'm so sorry Via. I just wasn't thinking. You were just there, and sad and - long story short I was fucking stupid. I don't want that to ruin what we have, or what you and Harry have," he almost rambles. A slight, only very slight, weight feels like it's been lifted off my shoulders. Knowing that there was nothing more to that kiss, that it was only a spare of the moment.

"I was in the wrong too Louis. We'll just forget it happened for now, yea? But I have to tell Harry at some point still. I have to be honest with him," I appreciatively smile at him. I love the friendship I have with Louis, always there to make you smile when you don't think it's possible. He's been great company while Harry has been away. Clearly it back fired this time though.

Louis nods in understanding. "Do you think he'll be mad?" His shoulders tense.

"Of course he fucking will be," I laugh at my own stupidity. I still can't believe I let it get to this. "Especially because you also live with us now."

"Again I'm so sorry. I didn't have any intent on screwing things up with you two. You're very good for him. Trust me," he smiles encouragingly.

"Are you sure? I kissed another guy while he was on the other side of the world," I cross my arms in annoyance at myself.

He frowns and lets out a sigh. "Well I have to go organize stuff with my flat. Moving out and all that. Once that's sorted. Want to go sofa bed shopping? And then even help me move some of my shit?" He changes subject incredibly enthusiastically. "It will be a blast Via. You have to join me!" He flicks his wrist as if he bats for the other team.

I laugh hard at his actions and sudden change of mood. "Niall and Liam can help you move, buddy. But I'll happily help you with a sofa bed. I need to make sure it suits the household."

"And?" He coaxes me a on.

I look at him confused. I didn't miss a question he asked did I? He points both his index fingers to himself and smiles even bigger.

"And...I want to spend some quality time with my good ol' pal Louis Tomlinson?" I questioningly continue.

"Oh how sweet of you!" He flutters his eyelashes and pretends to blush. Such a weird boy he is.

***

"Louis you have to get this one! It's awesome!" Niall eagerly points to an orange sofa bed that folds out and up into a bunk bed. It was a very cool idea I must admit. I can't see Louis needing a bunk bed though.

"Who said you could come with us Niall?" Louis grunts and shakes his head passively.

"Me! You're moving into my flat. Needs to be something good looking man," Niall says defensively. Immediately Niall is distracted by another bed. "Oh no this one is better!" He runs over to it. He's like a kid in a lolly shop.

I shake my head at the fact that I'm related to that boy. "Louis this one is cool," I guide him over to a navy blue velvet lounge. "Looks like an everyday lounge, but then," I remove the cushions, fold out the base then make a few other adjustments with the side of the lounge. "Bam. You have a bed that looks pretty comfy to me!" I pause for a moment, "I think it's even bigger than my own bed," I pout at the realisation.

"Bigger than your bed? Looks like I'm getting that one. Harry can sleep with me when he stays the night instead being in your tiny arse King single." I've never seen him smile so proudly. The wanker.

"Fuck off. My bed is not that small!" I defend the second love of my life.

"Don't get your knickers in a knot," he laughs so hard, he gains wrinkles by his eyes, smile showing his gums.

"Anyway. Are you getting that one or not?" I cross my arms over my chest. We've been here for that long, the shop is even closing soon. I didn't think choosing a sofa bed would be so damn hard.

My phone makes a loud binging noise in the large but incredibly quiet furniture shop.

Brodie
Why did you and Louis kiss? He's not giving me much information and it's kind of killing me.

"Louis come here," I demand like a mother bossing her child.

"I'm standing right next to you Via," he states through a chuckle.

"Yea just a little closer though," I show him a fake smile. Louis, with a confused expression takes one step closer to me. I instantly frown and slap him on his right arm.

"What the hell was that for?" He retaliates in a high pitched voice.

"Why did you tell Brodie we kissed? She doesn't need to know! You're not dating!" I almost growl. I don't want Brodie mad at me or Louis over a silly mistake.

"I wanted her to know. I felt bad," he says calmly.

"You're not even telling her the full story," I forcefully shove my phone in his hands, pointing at the message for him to read.

I see his eyes skim over the black words, his face scrunching up with unease. "I said we kissed. I thought she should know. I didn't think details were necessary."

I snatch my phone from Louis' grasp. "In this situation they definitely are. Go message her, in detail, how and why it happened. I don't want to seem like such an unfaithful cow to her."

"All right. Gosh you sound like my mum," he mocks.

He's messaging you now

I quickly type to her.

I let out an annoyed sigh, "Let's go find you a bed." I walk off to try find Niall. I never have any problems with him. I'm going to call him Switzerland. Always the happy middle man, never in any drama. So envious.

~

A/N: a quick thank you to everyone who reads and is enjoying my story! Especially the ones who vote 😉😘 be sure to have read the chapter before this one because it's very important xx