Chapter 41

I've been standing at Harry's front door for possibly the last five minutes, just contemplating if I should actually talk to him about it. I'm scared of getting hurt again, that he'll not want to talk or even look at me. He'll probably just close the door as soon as he sees it's me standing behind it.

I buildup the courage and knock twice on the wood with my shaky right hand. It was just loud enough to be heard. When you're nervous, seconds feel like long minutes. So I'd say it felt like a long three minutes before he opened the door.

He's already ready for bed. He's in his black boxers, bare torso and his long hair in a bun. He smiles shortly before moving aside, giving me space to enter his flat. Wow. He's willing to talk to me. I let out a breath that I didn't realise I was holding in.

Carefully, I walk past him and enter while giving him a thankful smile. I stand near his lounge. Not quite sure what to do.

"You can sit down," he answers my thoughts. This is the longest I've gone with out hearing his voice and boy did I miss it.

I sit myself down on his plush, cream lounge as I watch him situate himself on a lounge chair next to mine. He looks at me like he's sussing me out, trying to figure what I'm feeling. I'm doing the same thing to him. Is he still mad? Has he gotten over it?

I decide to come straight out with it. "Are you still mad at me?" I want to hide in between the creases of the cushions. Pity I'm not that skinny.

His facial expression softens a bit as he looks at me. "No I'm not Via. I'm sorry I never spoke to you for the past three days. I had to clear my head before I said anything else nasty to you again," he pauses to look down at his lap. "I should believe you if you say it meant nothing. I know I can trust you."

I wanted to cry from relief that he's finally believed me, but I've done enough crying for today. "Thank you Harry. I truly mean it when I say it meant nothing."

He removes himself from his seat to situate himself closely next to me on his longer lounge. I snuggle into his soft, bare side. He wraps his long arm around my shoulders.

"Within these past three days, I've decided whether I want to move or not," he plants a light kiss to the top of my head. Just that little statement made my heart begin to race. Can't we have a break from being dramatic for at least a minute?

"What did you decide?" I respond with a shaky, nervous voice. I pull away from his body slightly to look at him properly, but I keep my arms around his waist. Please, please, please don't say that-

"I'm moving back home, Via," he interrupts my thoughts. At that moment I felt my heart absolutely drop. No, he didn't just say that. He can't move. Not now not ever. What about me?

"What?" I almost stutter as I continue to look up at him. His eyes are even a little glossy. "Is this because of the kiss that you're moving?"

"No of course not. I was only mad at you because it was just so hard for me to process that you possibly thought of someone else the way you think of me. I love you so much and the thought of losing you," he pauses, scrunching his eyebrows as he shakes his head in mere disbelief. "Fuck, that thought alone just hurts so much."

I still have nothing to say to him. I just don't know what to say.

"I wouldn't let that change my thought about moving. What I said, about making the choice easier. Wow was that a lie. I was being irrational. I wanted you to feel like I did. Hurt. You know I have a fucked up habit of doing that. Look what I did with Eve that time. I held her hand to hurt you," he pauses again. "Your kiss with Louis never tainted my choice in leaving."