Chapter 43

That sudden relief you feel after waking up from a nightmare is one of my favourite feelings. But this one was different. It was more real.

It was that same dream I've had before, I was in my room receiving all these message, but this time it was of them being disappointed that Harry is leaving for England. They all were trying to show me empathy.

The same scenario happens again, Molly is comforting Niall as he cries on my bed. It doesn't end there though this time, the tightly locked door flies open, causing a large gust of wind to blow through my room. The other side is complete darkness though, I look over the edge of the floor and I still see only blackness.

I fall.

And that's when I wake up in heavy breaths with slight droplets of sweat on my forehead. What does that even mean? Once Harry leaves everything will be empty in my life or something?

"Babe are you alright?" A very sleepy and raspy voice asks from beside me. He looks up at me as I am still sat up, catching my breath.

"Nightmare," I respond through a sticky swallow. My mouth is so dry. Harry sleep-drunkenly rolls out of his bed and out of his dark room. Not even a minute later he comes back with a small glass of water in hand.

"Here." I can't really see his face, but I can see an attempt at a comforting smile through his groggy state. He stretches out his arm, handing me the glass of water.

"Thank you," I mutter. I gulp it down in a matter of seconds.

In reality, the nightmare wasn't that bad, but it was so vivid that I thought it had become real. When you always fall in a dream it seems to make you wake up in a panic anyway. It's like I felt the motions and everything.

"Lay down with me," he musters. I hadn't even noticed that Harry was lying back down again, almost asleep. I was still upright thinking about why I was awake at three a.m in the first place.

I place the glass onto the bedside table before I lay myself back down onto the comfortable sheets. Before I even get a chance to roll over onto my side, Harry is straight beside me with his arm draped over my stomach. His head is right next to mine.

"It was just a dream. You're alright," he whispers thoughtfully before he dusts a kiss to my cheek, even causing me to blush a little bit.

He always does these little affectionate things to me but still after all these months, they give me butterflies and heated cheeks like it's the first time a boy has ever kissed me. He just has this affect over my body, almost complete control. It scares me that he can do that, but also excites me that I can feel this way with him.

"I know. It just felt so real," roll over from my back and onto my side, now cuddling into Harry's chest as he still has his arm draped over my waist.

"I bet I was there at some point though. Sacrificing my life to try save you from the horrendous aliens," he sarcastically remarks with his croaky voice. It's very easy on the ears. 'Ha, you left me. You were the reason it was so bad' I want to reply to him, but I'm not bothered to elaborate to him what had happened.

"Always being my hero," I decide to reply with before leaving a quick kiss his chest, then closing my eyes to attempt to fall back asleep.

I can feel Harry's breaths become deeper and his chest begins to rise in a consistent rhythm. He's asleep already but his arm still has a firm hold around me. I never want this to end.

***

We're out at some cafe in the inner city. It's cute. There are little paintings on coloured walls, antique looking chairs to sit on and a drape as a front door. Harry persisted on taking me out for lunch, with him paying for me once again.

"I think you should start telling people what you've chosen to do," I refer to his move to England as I take a bite of my chicken wrap. Him telling other people will just make it become more of a reality, it'll be more concrete, but it needs to be done.

"I'm not sure who to tell first," he mumbles with some of his toasted sandwich still in his mouth. Once he swallows, he briefly wipes a crumb from his mouth with the back of his hand. "Who do you think?" His ears prick up for my answer.

No one. You should just not leave at all. "That's entirely up to you," I leave my statement hanging. He gives me smug look. Coaxing me to give him a proper answer. "Ugh," I groan. "I don't know. Maybe Niall? I'm a little bias though."

"Then that's who I'll tell first," he announces proudly before he takes another bite of his lunch. "Will I be telling him that you'll be joining me?" He says with little hope due to already knowing my answer.

"Nope." I even had to hold back a few tears. How pathetic. Can't he just move state or something? Then I'd happily move with him. Moving across the world? I don't think so. I'd only ever be there for him and within a month I'd want to be home so bad.

"Why won't you move with me?" He questions so gently that it makes my heart ache. He places his hand over mine that's perched on the table. He's looking at me intently, but I can't return the gaze. "Look at me."

I look up to him with the ache still prominent in my chest. "I - I just can't Harry. I know I'd want to move back here after only a short amount of time. I'd only be there for you," I turn over my hand so I'm able to hold his in mine. Squeezing it tightly. "Why won't you stay with me?" I beg more than ask.

His mouth becomes slightly agape as he goes to reply, but he's rudely interrupted by my phone ringing. It's Molly.

"Hey," I say a little too harsh. She didn't know she was disturbing a relatively important conversation.

"Guess what," she pierces through the phone speaker excitedly. I let out a husky laugh.

"What?"

"Niall asked me to go on a date tonight!" She coos like a teenage girl. Bless her.

I laugh, "awww about time. Enjoy yourselves yea? But I really need to get going. You called at a bad time," I laugh again. "Be sure to update me tonight on how it goes though okay?" I reassure with her.

"Will do!" With that she hangs up. I place my phone back onto the table and look back up to Harry. The whole time we've still been holding each other's hand.

"Sorry," I pout slightly.

"Want to get going? I think I'll tell Liam and Danielle first, especially if Niall is going out tonight," he soothingly rubs his thumb on the back of my hand.

"You heard that hey?" We both stand up slowly as we release our hands.

"I think she was screaming," he emphasizes a shiver.

He walks briskly to make sure he's walking in front of me so he can reach the paying counter first. Persistent on the fact that's he's still going to pay for my meal. Little shit.