Chapter 5

It's been four whole months since the call from Zayn. Neither of us have contacted each other since, I'm honestly too scared to. Hearing his voice would just be more of a reminder of what he's done. I know I should just call him and officially end things. He clearly has no care for me, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I keep thinking of the good memories we had, hoping they'll happen again somehow.

"Via? Hello?" Harry says while waving his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, I was just...thinking," I blink a couple times to coax myself back into reality.

"You're always just 'thinking', when will you tell me what's up?" He smiles, but his question was still serious.

"Uhhh how about later? I just, need to do something first." At the moment Harry and I are out having lunch while Niall's at work. Harry suggested he wanted to be a "good samaritan" by keeping me company. Of late we've been going out quite a bit, anywhere and everywhere, getting to know each other even more. Niall was being so persistent on me becoming friends with Louis, Harry and Liam, I'm still not sure why and every time I ask he just says "they're nice guys!" But I think there's more to it than what he's letting on, so they've been over quite a lot which is a slightly different environment for me due to the fact that I used to live alone. I must admit though, it's been good, having friends that care.

"So what do you want to do now?" Harry asks with curious eyes as he slightly looks down at me.

"Home would be good, if that's ok?" I still don't have my license. You can get your leaners license when you're sixteen but I was in Melbourne then, there's so much public transport down where I lived so I really didn't need a license. Here is a little different, so Harry's been my generous chauffeur.

"Why? Don't you like my company?" Harry sarcastically pouts.

"No actually I really don't. I've just been hanging out with you for the past four months for no valid reason. Thought you were kinda cool at first but I take that back," I pat his chest sympathetically before I begin to walk ahead. Immediately he catches up to me and walks by my side.

Harry tried to hold back a grin while I was waiting for his next sarcastic comment." You're such a little shit. Remind me again why I'm friends with you?" He gives me a raspy chuckle.

Once we get back to Niall's flat, he's already home, asleep on the lounge when it's only four four p.m.

"I need to make a call so you can stay or leave? It's up to you," I turn to Harry as as stand by the kitchen counter.

"I'll stay and wake Niall up," he says with a mischievous grin.

I've decided to call Zayn. I just have to end things officially with him. Hopefully it'll help me get over my still lingering feelings for him. He's slowly degrading me and he's not even aware of it. I press his contact name in the call log, to only hear it dial for about two rounds.

"I thought I made it clear I don't really want to hear from you?" He says with such coldness in his words.

"I just wanted to officially end things. We haven't even properly said anything about what's happening between us," I said with such desperation, sounding vulnerable as usual.

"We're over. It's done. I no longer want anything to do with your annoying problems. We're breaking up. I'm dumping you. No more. Better?" He rambles on with annoyance riddled through his voice.

"Why? Why are you being such an ar-" he hangs up on me, again.

In a weird, stupid way, that call has made me have some form of closure. I decided not to sit in my room this time and mourn over it. I walk out of my room and drag myself down the hallway. I stop myself, hearing slight whispers coming from the lounge room.

"She wouldn't would she?" I vaguely hear Harry say to I assume to be Niall.

"She's head over heels for that bloke. I don't know why. He's always been such an arsehole to her their whole relationship, but she's been too blind to see it," Niall says in frustration.

I slowly creep closer to the lounge room to hear them better. I shouldn't do this but curiosity kills me.

"Do you think that's who she's on the phone to? Trying to get back with him?" Harry seems eager to know Niall's answer.

"Yea I'd say so, but no she wouldn't get back with him, well, I hope not. She isn't that stupid," Niall laughs. I've heard enough.

"Good to see you're awake Niall," I greet as I finally walk into the lounge room. He gets caught quite off guard with my random out burst.

"Yea, ahh busy day actually." Niall works at a music store in a popular high street, it's a massive store and I've never seen it not busy. Who would think a music store could be so popular.

"I'm going back out again. I'll see ya's soon," I state emotionless. I always let my emotions take over. I'm so drained from this ridiculous situation with Zayn that I keep dragging on.

"How? You can't drive anywhere?" Niall asks. I just leave the flat with my wallet, jacket and with out saying another word. As I only get about five metres away from the front door, I hear footsteps behind me.

"Look Niall I just want to have a walk around the block, I was on the phone to Zayn and I need to just clear my thoughts. I hate feeling like this," I merely vent to him.

"Feeling like what?" It wasn't Niall now standing next to me. It was Harry.

I come to a sudden halt and turn myself towards Harry, "Harry why'd you follow me out here? I told you I don't want to put my pretty problems on you. I just needed air."

"You told me today at lunch that you'd tell me later," he reminds me.

I don't reply to him. I just keep walking to the lift. I am in two minds of telling him. It's not that I don't trust him, but I don't want Harry to think I'm petty because I'm so emotional over stupid relationship problems. I came to the conclusion that if he followed me I'd tell him.

And that's exactly what he did. He followed me outside to the bench that's next to the front door of the complex. We both sit down in silence for a little while. A nice silence. But soon after I just talk. I fill him all in, from the start of the relationship and how he treated me then, how he kept me in Melbourne because I felt too bad to leave him, to now with the malicious phone calls. Harry just listened, he didn't look at me as if he was judging me and he never cut in while I was talking. He sat there and listened. Just from those simple moments and intensive eyes, I felt as if I could trust him with the world, "I'll tell you one other thing that I've told no one before?" My confidence growing with telling him things. I waited for a reply, I didn't want to accidentally abuse the fact that he's here listening to me rant so intently.

"What is it?" He asked so carefully, as if I was fragile.

"He used to abuse me. He would apologise so much and I'd forgive him because I thought he was being sincere, I thought he'd stop, but he never did. Deep down I knew what he was doing was wrong but I'd keep looking at the few pros of our relationship and think they made up for those cons."