Chapter 42

"So us going on this double date is supposed to what?" Harry scrunches his face, causing crinkles by his nose. The way he says us is like 'uhz' and it's honestly one of the cutest and sexiest things about him.

I woke up in Harry's arms this morning, the usual when I stay the night with him, but neither of us mentioned what had happened last night. It was as if we both swept it under the carpet, forgetting it happened. It didn't bother me though, I really didn't want to be reminded that he'll be leaving me in just over a week. The thought alone hurts enough.

"It's supposed to help you make amends with Louis. You're best mates and I don't want his and I's mistake to taint that for you guys. He feels so guilty and you know that," I reply sounding like a teacher. I need to stop with that tone because before I know it no one will want to talk to me.

"It's going to be hard to look at him. You know that right?" He looks in the bathroom mirror, fixing his black shirt one last time before he turns to look at me, giving me an obvious expression.

His simple yet classy attire looks incredible on him. I am so, fricken, lucky, to be able to look at him everyday. Not for much longer though, my conscience seems to want to remind me.

I walk towards Harry in my high, white heels and purple, slim cocktail dress that's just above my knee, and lightly plant a kiss on his lips. His shoulders relax a little bit from the gesture.

"You'll be fine. Just please talk with him," I give him my best puppy dog eyes. Harry just shakes his head with a small smirk crawling onto his lips.

Suddenly, Harry wraps one arm around my shoulders and the other around my waist, snuggling his head into the side of my neck. Immediately I return the gesture, wrapping my arms around him. It was a very random yet meaningful hug.

"Have you been thinking about maybe moving with me?" He whispers delicately into my ear. I let out a deep breath and hug Harry that little bit tighter, thinking about how I won't be able to do that once he's gone.

"I haven't changed my mind Harry. Sorry," I reply sadly. I'm so in love with him, but I can't move country for him, I'm so young. Maybe if what we have is true, we'll find each other again.

He tightens his hold around me one last time before he pulls away, leaving his hands on my hips as he kisses me forcefully, making it quite heated. I want to pull at his hair and make him drag me to his bed but we have somewhere to be.

I pull away, merely gasping for some air. "We have to go. We can't be too late."

"Damn. Can't we postpone?" He strokes a piece of hair from my face, placing it behind my hair as he leans forward to continue kissing me. Man I could do this all day.

I pull away once again. "No we have to go," I chuckle. I lean forward and peck his lip once more before I walk away, strolling towards his lounge room to grab my purse. Shortly after, he joins me.

"You look really beautiful," his hands lay in his pockets as he looks at me in adoration. I've never felt so loved.

When ever he says things like that, I feel like a simple thank you is never enough. "I love you so damn much," I laugh and shake my head at the gorgeous man in front of me. I quickly jog over to peck his lips - that I simply can't get enough of - once more before heading towards the front door. "You didn't smudge my lipstick too much did you?" I pout my lips.

"Not enough I'd say," he pauses with a dirty smirk, then looks to the purse in my hand. He walks over to me. "What's in your purse?"

"My phone, spare hair tie, panadol -"

"I should have been more blunt. Did you bring your wallet?" He beams through a laugh.

"Yes?" I show him a confused frown.

"I told you I'm paying tonight," Harry stretches out his arm, opening his hand, an invitation for me to give him my wallet.

"You're not paying. This is five star restaurant, it'll be too expensive for you to pay for yourself and me," I hold my purse closer to my side.

Quicker than lightning, Harry rips it from my arms and literally runs down the hall way. The lil bitch knows I can't run in heels. Not even ten seconds later, he comes back with my purse and my wallet in his hand. He only gives back my purse. Arse.

"Fine you can take my wallet but I'm going to eat a shit load of food and you'll have to pay for it," I state confidently as I cross my arms and stride out the front door.

He lets out an outburst of a laugh, making his smile show widely. "Fine by me."

***

"So clearly you and Harry are all fine?" Brodie slightly leans across the table to make sure I hear her whisper. Well yea besides the fact that he's moving to England in ten days.

"Perfect actually," I look over to him by my side, he's comfortably talking to Louis. I smile at the sight.

When we first got here, the tension between the two of them was pretty immense. You could have cut the tension with a knife. But after some slow exchanges and awkward grunts, I assume they talked out it. Well at least I hope they did. I noticed that men can just completely avoid an issue and get along just like before.

"Aw good!" She silently claps, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself. "I'm actually so jealous of the way Harry looks at you. It's like there's absolutely nothing else around, just you. I want that," she overly pouts.

"Don't talk too soon, Louis looks at you like you're pretty damn special," I coo at her.

She huffs, "we're not even dating Via. Don't get too far ahead of yourself," Brodie leans back into her chair.

I roll my eyes at her and laugh lightly. Suddenly Louis lets out an obnoxious laugh, drawing attention from a few tables around us. He's a little embarrassing.

"Louis quiet down a little bit. It's so quiet in here!" I snicker at him with a rough whisper.

"You're just like my mum," he rolls his eyes and mocks me. I've never met his mum so that could be a true insult. I have my doubts though.

"Fuck that, she's way hotter," Harry is quick to reply. I have to refrain myself from having a proper laugh. I don't really want to be having this conversation.

"Anyway," I interrupt their bicker. "You boys all sorted out now?" I raise my eyebrows at them. I know they're both talking to each other fine but that doesn't mean they've talked it through yet.

"We established that Louis is a wanker and he'll never touch you again in that manner." I've never seen Harry smile so proudly, he seems pretty content with his protective behaviour.

I look over to Louis, seeing if he'll confirm Harry's statement. He merely shrugs his shoulders as he gives me the slightest nod. Well I guess they did sort it out. Better than nothing.