Chapter 19

"Do you know him?" Danielle asks, probably due to my reaction.

Never did I ever expect to see one of Zayn's friends here.

I don't reply yet, due to still being in shock at what I'm seeing. Matt is really good friends with Zayn, does that mean he's here too?

"Uhm...yea," I say awkwardly as I turn back around to face Danielle. "He's one of Zayn's best friends."

Danielle's face drops. "Does he visit Sydney often?" She asks, as if she's trying to make up excuses as to why he'd be here without Zayn.

"Not that I know of. It wouldn't surprise me if Zayn was here too. They used to always go everywhere together," I cringe.

"We can leave if you like? It's totally understandable," Danielle begins to stand up.

"No no no don't worry about it. I'm not going to let it ruin my night," I say through a fake smile. She hesitantly sits back down in her seat as she nods her head with an unsure expression.

In reality, it's killing me, the thought of possibly running into him. It's been almost six months since I've seen him and I've been loving it. I'm not planning on breaking that streak anytime soon.

Before I know it, I see Danielle look up behind me with wide eyes.

"Long time no see Violet," remarks Matt as he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Not long enough," I snap back as I take his hand off my shoulder, still not turning around to look at him.

"Still feisty. Are you going to introduce me to your incredibly gorgeous friend?" He coax's. What a sleaze.

"Nope," I huff. I see Danielle try to stifle a laugh.

"Looks like I'm going to have to do it myself then. Hi, I'm Matt," he moves from behind me and takes a step forward to kiss Danielle on the cheek, she moves away from the greeting action, avoiding all contact with his lips.

Matt huffs in annoyance. "What ever. Oh and Via, turn around," he smiles. I look at him with confused eyes. I slowly turn around. Not to my surprise I see Zayn at the bar, but he's looking at me so intently. I quickly turn back towards Danielle, avoiding his stare. Why out of all places did he have to come to Sydney. And this bar especially?

"I think I'm gonna have to take up your offer to leave," I say to her. She nods her head in agreement and we both begin to stand up.

"You leaving already? Come say hi to Zayn."

I give Matt a dirty glare before I begin to walk off with Danielle trailing behind me. I nearly reach the front doors before I feel a familiar hand grab at my wrist, turning me round abruptly.

"Hi," Zayn smiles. Why the fuck does he have to be so good looking.

"What do you want?" I snarl.

"Nothing. I just wanted to chat," his smile grows.

"Oh I'm sure of it," I spit my words. "Piss off Zayn. I don't care about you anymore," I sternly remark as I yank my wrist from his hold. I go to turn around back to the door before he grabs a hold of my waist with both his hands, turning me round again, our eyes meeting.

"But I care about you," he says, sounding so desperate. For a second, just looking at his eyes and hearing those words, I believe him. I've always fallen for his natural charm so easily and again, I almost did.

I look down to my feet. "Let go of me Zayn," I say quietly. He doesn't let go, but he removes one hand to under my chin, tilting my head to look at him. Our proximity is getting too much for me.

"I'm serious Via, I miss you," he merely whispers.

"Didn't seem like it when I left you. You were happy to see me gone," I step back, "what are you doing here on Sydney anyway? You never wanted to visit when we were together."

Zayn doesn't answer me, he just pulls me closer again, leaning forward so our lips are almost touching.

"I have a boyfriend Zayn," I quickly stammer. Those simple words making him immediately freeze, he pulls away slightly, making eye contact with me again. His face was in disbelief and absolute disgust almost. Like it's impossible for me to be with anyone else but him. "I have to go," I push myself out of his grasp and briskly walk out of the club.

"Liam's going to be here in about two minutes," Danielle says as she rushes towards me. "I'm so sorry I did nothing back there. I just stood there, I had no clue what to do," she says with disappointment.

I smile at her. "There's nothing you could've done anyway. It's my drama, not yours."

***

I walk through my flat door, it's only half past eight so I was expecting to still see Niall and Harry. But to my surprise, I only see Harry.

"Are you alright?" Harry frantically asks as he walks over to me, grabbing both of my hands in his.

"Yea?" I hesitate. "About what?" I stand confused.

"Liam rang me on his way to pick you and Danielle up. He said Zayn was there, that's why you left early."

I smile up at him, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck. "I'm fine Harry," I say into his ear.

"Did anything happen?" He asks whilst he wraps his arms around my waist protectively.

I found no point in telling him what happened, I didn't want to worry him. "No. He tried to talk with me but I just walked away."

He pulls away from the hug, but loosely keeps his arms around me as he kisses my forehead. "I know that would've been daunting. I was so worried for you, you have no idea," he chuckles.

I cup my hand around his handsome face and kiss him longingly. "I'm all good," I smile. "By the way, where's Niall?"

"He went out with Louis to pick up some Chinese food."

"Why didn't you go?" I tilt my head like a lost dog.

"I was waiting for you to come home," he says like the answer was obvious.

I laugh. "You're so fricken cheesy, but I love it," I reach up and peck him quickly before walking to my room to get changed. Harry follows me in there.

Looking through my cupboard, I find a big baggy shirt that looks incredibly appealing right now. I pull it out and start to take my dress off. I go to ask Harry if he could help un zip the back, but he was frowning. "hat are you thinking about?" I ask curiously.

"Eve came by here while you were gone," he pauses, I could see he wanted to add onto his statement.

"And then?" I persist.

"She kissed me."