Chapter 11

"Wait Harry!" I said to stop him from walking any further. He abruptly turns around, looking at me with curious wide eyes.

"Yea?"

"W-were you serious just then?" I ask hesitantly. He looks at me with a confused frown.

"About what?" He lightly laughs.

"When you...just called yourself my boyfriend." Oh god I shouldn't be feeling this awkward with him right now.

He looked a little awkward at first, like he was trying to figure out what to say. "Was I?" He asks while nervously brushing his long hair back. He was attempting to ask me but it was more at himself.

I laugh to try and reduce the awkwardness. "Yea, I think you were. I was just double checking." I take a step forward so I'm in reach of giving his arm a little nudge. We then begin to walk beside each other in sync towards the lift.

I'm not ready for a label with us yet. I really like Harry, but I don't want to commit too soon. What if I hurt him?

The elevator ride and the short walk to the car was completely silent, a lingering awkwardness surrounding us. Once we get into the car and start to drive off I decide to break the silence.

"So where are we going for breakfast?" I smile as I look at him. I get no reply. His face is quite expressionless as he stares intently on the road in front of him. "You all right?"

"Why were you so," he pauses and lets out a breath. His frown increases as if he's trying to think of the right word to use. "Worried," his frown then disappears. "When I called myself your boyfriend?" Still few emotions are riddled through his words.

"I just." Now I need to think of the right words to say. "I don't want to jump ahead too quick."

"Why? We've been best friends for a while now. We're already incredibly close." He says through frustration. I didn't know how to react to his sudden agitated attitude. I don't see why he needed to be so mad.

"Well what if." It's hard putting my feelings about it into words.

"Look I know Zayn hurt you but I won't," he says eagerly to try make his point. I look over at him, surprised at his statement.

"I know you won't. But I was in that relationship for too long," I look back onto the road and take a deep breath. "I'm still scared to move on Harry," the volume of my voice fades.

He seems to relax a little, like he finally understood where I was coming from. He lifted his left hand from the gear stick and put it on my thigh, his hand was cold against my skin, so I held his hand with both of mine in an attempt to warm it up. I look back to Harry to actually see him smiling a little bit, showing my favourite dimples.

I wish Zayn hadn't hurt me as much as he did, I would happily become something more with Harry if it wasn't for Zayn. He's scarred me.

"Oh and I'm taking you to a cafe down the mountain," Harry finally speaks as he slowly puts his hand back onto the gear stick.

"Slightly delayed reply," I laugh, "what makes you want to drive an hour just for breakfast?"

"More time with you," he says as he quickly glances at me with an incredibly cheesy smile.

"You did not just say that," I chuckle, pretending to cringe.

"I'm just trying to be nice," he squeaks defensively.

I just laugh loudly and shake my head at him. He's too good for me.

***

Harry and I walk into my flat, unexpectedly seeing an extra three people on the lounge. Niall and Louis playing some play station game, I'm gathering FIFA, and Liam and Danielle lying on the lounge, just laughing at Louis and Niall's bickering.

"Via!" Louis shouts excitedly as he places the controller on the lounge mid game, jumping off the lounge to run over and hug me tightly. I haven't seen him in about a month.

"Hey kiddo!" I laugh whilst hugging his shoulders. I missed his funny, cheeky persona.

"Louis what are you doing! The game isn't over!" Niall shouts frustratedly. In a matter of seconds Louis is back on the lounge and playing his game again.

"Hi to you too," Harry remarks from behind me.

I walk over to the kitchen to get a glass of water while Harry walks over to join the rest of them in the lounge room. As I open the fridge I hear Danielle enter the kitchen.

"Hey," she smiles sweetly. I really like her and I've only met her once for about a minute. She just has this lovely aura.

"Hi. How come Niall gathered you all here?" I lightly laugh as I grab out the water jug from the fridge and grab a glass from the cabinet.

"He said you and Harry ditched him so he wanted his 'favorite pals' to come over to keep him company," she laughs and shakes her head at the thought. "But anyway I came to ask what's up with you and Harry? Is it a thing? Are you two dating?" She coos. "That's if you don't mind me asking!"

"To be honest I'm not extremely sure myself, but we're not dating as such, I know that much," I smile as I bring the glass of water to my lips.

"Can I just suggest something?" She cautiously asks, taking a step closer to me.

I was a bit hesitant at first but I answer. "Yea sure."

"Just be careful with him. Try not to hurt him. I'm not saying you will," she quickly says as she turns further towards me. "It's just, he's been through a lot," she ends with a sympathetic smile.

I smile back at her. "Don't worry I won't hurt him. I've already gotten the same lecture from Niall."

She laughs quite heavily. "That doesn't surprise me."

Danielle seemed quite protective over Harry, in a sisterly kind of way. I didn't think her and Harry had been friends for that long.

"How long have you and Harry been friends for?" I ask as I put my glass in the sink and walk closer to Danielle, to lean against the counter by her side.

"Well he's twenty-two at the moment," she out stretches her fingers to count them. "So about six years. We both lived in England, hence the accent, than I moved here. About a year later Harry moved here too," she smiles happily. I'm glad Harry had someone to turn to when he first came to Australia. That would have been hard for him.

"What happened to Harry for both you and Niall to want me to be so careful with him?" I ask curiously as I turn my head to face Danielle. Her smile fades slightly before she looks at me.

"I think he should tell you that," she says as she lifts herself from the counter and begins to leave the kitchen. "Come on, I think we should join them."