Chapter 28

"Hellooooo," Niall loudly announces as he enters the front door. Louis and I are just sitting, well more like laying, on the lounges as we play on our phones. Talking occasionally.

"Hey Niall," I say as I begin to stand up.

"Via! You're back!" He exclaims excitedly as he walks over to me with his arms wide open.

"I am," I laugh and hug him tightly. I must admit I did miss this big kid.

"Two weeks is a long time. I missed you. Well I missed your cooking mostly," he releases me from his tight grasp.

I laugh loudly. "Of course you did."

I don't know what exactly reminded me, but I quickly turn back to the lounge and go back on to my phone, opening up my messages frantically. I completely forgot to message Harry that I'm in Sydney. Why am I so forgetful?

Arrived in Sydney and back in my flat. Safe and sound. I miss you already :( xx

It's about one in morning in England so I'm not expecting him to reply too soon.

"That was quite the outburst. What did you forget?" Niall asks as he slowly strolls over to the fridge.

"I was supposed to message Harry as soon as I was in Sydney. I only just remembered then," I sigh slightly annoyed at myself.

Niall walks over to the lounge to join Louis and I, with a bottle of water now in his hands. Louis excitedly shows Niall his new game, quickly putting the disc into the console so they can start playing. Once they do, it's like I don't exist again. Definitely feels like being home now.

"I'm gonna go to my room boys," I announce to them. I get a low hum of acknowledgment as their reply before I walk into my room to start unpacking.

My least favourite part about going on holidays, is unpacking. I would happily never do it, only that eventually it gets a bit tedious having to grab your clothes out of a bag all the time.

After unpacking most of my things and placing them back into their rightful places neatly, I decided it was time for some procrastination, I grab my phone from the bedside table and text Brodie.

You're single at the moment aren't you? x

I place my phone onto my bed and walk out of my room and into the kitchen. I haven't eaten much today so my stomach will not stop grumbling. I open the fridge to look for something appealing.

"Yes I got you good!" Louis suddenly shouts, making me jump.

"Honestly do you need to yell?! He is right next to you!" I screech at him angrily. Kind of fed up with hearing it for the past hour. I felt a little pang of guilty for my sudden outburst but neither of them replied, so I'd say they didn't hear me. No need to feel guilty anymore.

I go back to looking in the fridge. There's merely nothing in there. I wonder if Niall even went shopping while I was gone. Probably not. I walk back to my room in a huff, still hungry. I can't even go anywhere because Harry clearly can't drive me anywhere, Liam and Danielle are out, Niall and Louis would not leave in the middle of their game just because I'm hungry and I have no other friends. Ah the joys of being a socially awkward person.

My phone dings with a text message. I do have one other friend that could take me out.

Brodie
Hi to you too haha. Yea I am. Why?

I let out a small sigh of relief that I can continue with my plan.

Would you be interested in possibly meeting someone?

Almost immediately my phone dings with a reply.

Brodie
Maybeeeeee. Who is it?

I hope my match making skills really come into action with them two. They'd be cute.

Good friend of mine. Lovely guy, easy on the eyes too. His name is Louis. What do you say? x

She doesn't reply as quick as the other messages. Maybe she's thinking. But while I wait, I decide to finish unpacking my suitcase. Once everything is out of the bag and packed away, I see something in the bottom of the suitcase that doesn't look familiar to me at all. I pick it up, it's a long velvet, blue box. As I'm about to open it, Brodie replies to my message.

Brodie
Sounds cute. Why not :) when do I get to meet this so called lovely guy? x

My fingers tap quickly on the screen of my phone as I reply.

How about today? I'm incredibly starving so we could eat out first for dinner (if you're willing to drive me ily) then you can come back to mine cos Louis is here now, I doubt he'd be leaving anytime soon haha x

Brodie
Haha all right done. Meet me in the complex car park in about an hour x.

I don't reply this time, as I go back to looking at the box in my hands. I'm ninety-nine percent sure it's from Harry, so I don't know whether to open it now or wait till he would be awake, so then I can call him straight away. I choose the second option, even if it's not from Harry and it's just some random box that so happened to have fallen into my bag, I should start getting ready to go out and let Louis know what's happening. So I place the box onto my bedside table and walk out into the lounge room.

"Louis I need you to listen," I cross my arms assertively.

"Mmmmmm," is all he replies.

"I just shit in my bed and I need you to clean it up," I say sternly. Just to test if he is listening.

"Yeaaaa," he says as if to continue.

I stand in front of the TV, blocking both of their view. Both of them frown at me and babble on at how I'm in the way.

"Pause the game then. I just need to talk to Louis for a minute. I'm sure you'll both live," I roll my eyes at them.

"Argh Via you're making me regret wanting you back home," Niall says half-jokingly.

"Louis. I'm going out to get some dinner with Brodie. Once we're done, she's coming back here with me to meet you. So when I text you saying we're on our way back, could you please get off the play station so you're ready to meet her," I state with hopeful eyes.

Louis smiles slightly with a small glimmer of excitement in his eyes, but soon goes back to being supposedly mad at me, I think for Niall's sake. "Yea yea I will. Now please move so we can finish this."

I gently smile at him, he smiles back and mouths 'thank you' to me. Louis in a relationship is my favourite Louis. He's just that bit more happier and sweeter.

I go back into my room and get dressed into something casual, but nice, just incase we decide to go somewhere remotely fancy. I put on some light makeup. I look at the time to see half an hour has already passed. Looking back to my bed, I see the blue velvet box again. I want to open it so bad.

Oh fuck it. I'll just thank him later, I don't need to do it straight away. I plop myself onto my bed excitedly and take the box back into my hands. As I slightly make the box a gape, my phone rings.

"Hey I'm already here. If you're not ready that's fine but I was ready heaps early. Also I'm so sorry for not mentioning it earlier but I was having my friend come over but I also really wanted to catch up with you tonight, is it all right if she tags along with us?"

"Yea that should be fine. If she's friends with you she must be lovely. I'll be down in a sec then," I try to say kindly. It's really kind of annoyed me that she's just invited someone on her own accord. But if she's nice I probably won't end up minding.

"Okay thank you! She's actually with me in the car right now," she laughs, "and I'll drop her home on the way back to yours."

"No worries! I'll see you soon," with that I hang up. Looks like I'll be opening this box later.