Chapter 44

As Danielle and I sit on on our own black, little stool by her kitchen counter, Liam and Harry stand tall across from us on the other side.

"What did you want to tell us?" Danielle leans her forearms onto the counter, moving herself closer to Harry in question. Liam looks at him too, waiting for his answer anxiously. I think they both know what he's about to tell them due to their intense gazes.

"Uh," he looks at me for reassurance. He's nervous.

I give him my best attempt at a comforting smile and nod my head gently, trying to coax him on. If he's this nervous telling them, I can't imagine how he was feeling before he announced the news to me.

"I've decided to move back to England," Harry almost is inaudible he spoke that fast. His shoulders are slightly hunched over in vulnerability. Danielle and Liam mean a lot to him so I think he will really take their reaction to heart, especially if it's not an ideal one.

Immediately Danielle looks to me with wide eyes, as if she doesn't believe a single word that just came out of his mouth. I sadly nod, confirming Harry's announcement that I'm dreading the outcome of.

"Well," Liam tries to break the sudden, awkward silence. He places his arm around Harry's shoulders. "Good on you for doing what you want to do." I've never seen him so awkward with Harry before. They're always so close and comfortable around each other but this was a different sight to see, Liam trying to support his decision but being totally against it. Join the club.

"Why?" Danielle replies with a confused stricken face. It's all she seems capable of responding with as she sits frozen in her seat beside me.

He looks down to his fiddling hands with a prominent frown on his face in heavy thought. "Danielle, it's," he pauses again as he looks back at her this time. "It's hard to explain but I feel like I need this change."

"What about Via?" Danielle is quick to defend. It's like she's reading my mind. But I don't want to cause an argument over this, it's his decision and I guess we'll just have to put up with it.

"She won't come with me," he looks at me with a saddened expression. Don't try make me feel guilty pal.

"And she shouldn't have to," her voice is ridden with sass. "You're the one, who for some reason, wants to move back to the other side of the world when you have almost everything here," she stands to her feet, "that's the exact same reason you gave me when you decided you'd move here as well. What are you going to do once you're feeling a change while you're in England? Move back here again? That's not fair on anyone. Your mum, Gemma, Via, us. Are you really sure you're making the right decision here?" Danielle cocks her right hip and places her hand on it as she finally finishes her rant.

I couldn't agree anymore with her statement, but I couldn't find the strength to agree with her, I don't need Harry mad at me at all during the last few days I'll be with him.

"Danielle," Liam attempts to begin a compromise with her. Almost pleasing her to stop, knowing an argument is brewing.

Harry's face is holding back a look of distraught. The fact that one of his best friends wasn't even contemplating supporting him right now is probably playing with his feelings.

"No not yet," she looks sternly to Liam. Ok maybe she hasn't finished her rant. "I don't know if you're blind to love or anything, but I have never seen anyone look at you with such adoration as Via does. She's so in love with you it's almost sickening," Danielle continues to passionately express her point. Bless this woman. "When you were gone for those four weeks, that was eating away at her. I could almost feel the ache she had in her chest," she puffs air up onto her face to try rid of the hairs that have fallen over her eyes, and to probably try calm herself down. "And I can see from a mile away that you feel the exact same way. What about those times you messaged me while you were in England, saying you regret doing this because you miss her too much? Once you leave here, your relationship will be over. Do you honestly think you would cope with that?" She tilts her head. He sent her messages saying he missed me?

All I can do is stare at Danielle and her confidence that she has with Harry. Once again I've forgotten how close of friends her and Harry are.

"You did that?" I finally speak. I look at Harry whilst I have an aching chest once again, that seems to be all I'm feeling with him lately. Fuck this love bullshit. It's harder than it looks.

He completely ignores my question and keeps his full attention on Danielle. "Why are you saying all this? My mind has been made," he says firmly and on the verge of being aggressive.

"Because I'm trying to explain to you why this is a stupid decision. I know you better than most people. Why didn't you ask my opinion on this before you chose what you're doing?" She flails her arms in the air momentarily.

"Because this is my life Danielle not yours!" Harry responds from behind his teeth. "I decide what I want to do. Not you."

Okay. I can't watch this anymore. I don't need nor want them mad at each other over this. As I watch them bicker back and forth I feel like I'm intruding on an extremely personal conversation. I look up to Liam who seems to be mirroring my worried expression.

"Guys please," ironically Liam and I say in sync. We're similar in more ways than we think.

"I'm ninety-nine percent sure that getting mad over this will not fix anything. I really appreciate your concern for me Danielle, but I don't think we're changing his mind," I continue on. Just the thought and the reality of Harry leaving causes tears to sting my eyes.

"I thought of all people you'd support me more on this," Harry says to Danielle with a guilty tone before he walks towards their front door with his car keys in hand. "Let's go Via," he demands with a sad gaze, but it comes across as more of a plea.

I mouth the word sorry to both Liam and Danielle before I leave their home, following behind Harry. I could have stayed and stood my ground and continued on with Danielle's argument, but I think Harry needs me more right now. He was already nervous for their reaction, it clearly didn't help that it was a bad one.