Chapter 47

For the last hour I've been well and truly awake, but I still persist on not leaving Harry's sleeping side. I don't think I've ever been cuddled this close to him.

It's seven in the morning. Harry needs to be at the airport by ten a.m so he can do the tedious routine of catching a flight.

Soon Harry will be officially gone. Flying to the other side of the world. Again. I need to try suck it up and come to terms with the fact that it's happening, but I just can't. It's eating away at me at how much I'm going to miss him. I'm trying to stay positive for him, this is what he wants. Gosh is that hard though. I need him to stay in my arms forever. Or at least in my country.

My phone beeps with a text. I quickly grab it from the bedside table, hoping it didn't wake Harry. I enjoy watching him sleep, unconsciously having his arm wrapped over my waist.

Danielle
What time should Liam and I get to your flat?

We decided we'd have everyone, well Danielle and Liam, considering Louis already lives with Niall and I anyway, over at mine and Niall's, we'd say our goodbyes to Harry there. I offered to be with Harry while he's at the airport waiting for his flight but he wanted to be alone. Said it'd be easier for everyone.

Come over at 8:30. He needs to be at the airport by 10 cos plane leaves at 1pm x

I put my phone on silent, prepared for if she replies again. I look back up from my phone and to Harry's face. Expecting closed eyes and slightly parted lips, but he's looking at me with a smug smile.

"How long have you been awake for?" I whisper croakily.

"Your message tone isn't exactly quiet." His sleep ridden voice is so fucking hot. There's no denying it.

"Sorry," I peck his slightly swollen lips. "Danielle and Liam are going to be at mine by half past eight to say goodbye."

"I'm surprised Danielle is coming," he frowns like he genuinely wasn't expecting it.

"She still cares about you," I laugh, kind of shocked at his thoughts. But then again she really wasn't happy with Harry's decision. "Danielle is just worried for you."

"We're fricken twenty-two years old. I don't need her being worried about me." I see a little bit of regret spark in his eyes once he says that statement.

"Don't give me that. She's your best friend for Christ's sake. She's going to care for you," I try to defend her.

Harry nods knowingly.

Today is going to be one painful day.

***

"Got everything?" Niall asks Harry as we both walk through the front door of my flat. "You only have two bags?"

"Only need two bags of stuff. The rest is already there," Harry replies with a small smile. It's weird, I really can't pick up on how he's feeling today. He seems pretty casual and content one minute than the next he seems so scared.

Before I can study him more, there's a single knock at the door, then Danielle and Liam walk through.

"Hey," Danielle gestures to Harry, Niall, Louis and I as she puts on a relatively fake smile.

Liam waves to us all from closely behind her. He places a comforting arm around her waist. I will always think they're the most adorable couple I know. However, I don't know many, but they're still right at the top of the ladder.

For the next thirty minutes, we all chat like nothing's different. The normal conversations we'd have on any other occasion. Everyone trying to temporarily forget that Harry will be moving country. I couldn't forget though, it kept lingering in my mind, constantly reminding me that we'll no longer be together.