Chapter 8

I look at the time, it's twenty past three in the morning. I've been woken up from my phone ringing. Why do i keep forgetting to turn it off when I'm going to sleep?

As I squint my eyes to look at my bright screen, it's Harry's caller ID showing up.

"Hello?" I groggily answer.

"Hi Via," he pauses. I can hear his heavy breathing. "Um...sorry I don't know why I called you," and with that, he hung up. There must have been something initially wrong for him to call in the first place. I decide to ring back now that I'm already awake.

"Via do-" I had to cut him off short. Otherwise what ever was going on he would have pushed aside.

"Talk to me. Tell me what's wrong," I try to sound supportive in my sleepy state.

"Honestly it doesn't matter anymore. I'll see you tomorrow ok?" He try's to avoid the topic again.

"It clearly matters if you called me in the first place about it. I can try help if you tell me what's up," he didn't reply for a while. There was just silence, until I heard a deep sigh.

"Please come over." And then he hung up. I didn't bother getting changed, I just put my hair up in a messy bun, grabbed my jacket and keys and left the flat while locking the door behind me. The elevator ride down just one flat seemed to take forever, but once I finally reach his floor, I quietly walk to Harry's room. Once I reach his door I knock twice, and he opens it only seconds after.

"Hey," he quietly says as he brushes his long hair back with his fingers. I've noticed this is a nervous habit of his. He's wearing just long trousers. No shirt, thus showing all his different tattoos that I've never seen, and his abs. Gosh his abs. I hadn't realised I'd been standing there for a bit, not saying anything. "Uh, you don't have to stand out here. You can come in," he shifts his body from the door, giving me plenty of space to enter the flat.

I quickly look up to Harry's face, my train of thought cut short. "Oh right, thank you."

I've never actually been in Harry's flat before, we've always just gone to Niall and I's. Harry's is so warm and homely, family pictures scattered in different places in the lounge room, a big comfy looking lounge, even the kitchen has a nice look and feel to it.

"Sit where ever you like," Harry gestures to the lounge room, I slowly walk over to the lounge and sit down whilst I still observe everything in his flat.

"My house isn't that interesting," Harry laughs as he sits beside me.

"Just sussing everything out, you know the usual," I smile as I turn to Harry, he's already looking at me but with a now blank face. "Harry are you ok? Tell me what's up."

He's quite hesitant at first. "Yesterday. When I was all pissed off before I took you to your interview," he pauses as he looks down a bit whist playing with his thumbs. I've never seen him so shy. "It was my ex, Eve, she called and gave me the longest apology and confessed her love for me, again. Said she never stopped loving me since the break up."

I tried to look for any sort of emotion he was feeling but I couldn't pick it. "What was she saying sorry for? What did she do?"

Once again, another small moment of silence before he spoke. "She slept with another guy in the first four months of dating, but I forgave her. She said she'd never do it again, two months later, she slept with another guy but this time I caught them myself," he pauses for a second and laughs as he looks up at me. "I was mad at her for a whole week and forgave her again, then you wouldn't fucking believe it, she slept with another guy four weeks later. I actually woke up to myself this time though, I broke up with her."

I kind of looked at him in sorrow, that would have been so emotionally draining. Not having any trust. Maybe that's why when I was telling him about Zayn and I's situation he got quite mad at me. He didn't want me going through what he did. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. What did you say to her on the phone?" I say sympathetically.

"It was like it was all repeating itself. I was about to fall back into that trap even after so long, so I quickly hung up," he looks down again with disappointment. I noticed we gradually moved closer together. I lift up his chin to make him look into my eyes, keeping my hand there.

"You're better than her. Try not to even think about her, you know she's not worth your time," I try to emphasize as I take my hand away. "And plus you deserve someone better than a hoe," I smile, just to try put Harry in a better mood. He just smiles and shakes his head at my comment.

Before I know it, his soft lips are on mine with his hand cupping my face. Shock was the first emotion I feel, but eventually I fall into the kiss, slowly wrapping my arms around his neck. It was nothing but gentle and sweet. Absolute bliss.

I have no idea how long we were kissing for until I pulled away, catching a proper breath. "Feel better now?"

"Nah not really," he says as he leans back into the kiss, pushing me gently onto my back. All of a sudden it clicks as to what I'm doing. I can't do this. I can't risk losing this friendship I have with him. He's also Niall's best friend. It wouldn't be right.

I pull away from the kiss. "Harry stop, please," immediately he pulls back with a worried expression.

"Are you ok? Did I hurt you?" He says as he scans my body to see where he could have hurt me. I put my hand on his cheek to try calm him down.

"No no no, you never hurt me. I just can't do this Harry. Our friendship is too good, what if this ruins it?" I say as we slowly sit back up. Harry just stares at me, a little astonished at my bipolar action. I was enjoying it I must admit, but it's not right. I can't lose the friendship I have with him. It's too good to risk.

"I better go, it's almost four. I'll talk to you later," I say as I stand to walk out the door. Harry quickly grabs my hand to stop me in my tracks.

"You know it wouldn't ruin our friendship if anything did happen between us. I wouldn't let that happen," he stares at me intently to get his point across.

I take a moment to reply. Trying to think of something to say to that. He nearly got me, I nearly fell in but I just don't want to risk that, especially just after all this stuff with Zayn. "I'll see you later Harry," I kiss his cheek lightly and let go of his hand to leave his flat.