Chapter 2

The feeling of being dragged underground was just how I had remembered it. The suffocating feeling while being dragged through the dirt is hard to forget. Just as fast as I had been dragged down I was up and out of the dirt. The plants that were around my body wrapped around me more so I was sat on my knees. They were wrapped tightly around me, but not nearly enough to hurt. Grunting and panting was heard behind me and I knew it was the rest of my team. "Is everyone okay?" I asked. "I am the alright." Star said softly. "I'm fine." Raven's monotone voice said. I heard someone spitting and I knew it was Beast Boy. "Bleh! Gross! I had my mouth open that whole time!" He said continuing to spit dirt out of his mouth. "I'm not getting any type of signal down here. How far down are we?" Cyborg asked.

The room we were in must've been completely separate from the club we'd just been inside. The ground covered in dirt beneath us all started to shake slightly. The team all voiced their concerns towards me but I stayed silent. From the ground multiple long green vines as well as dark branches and roots came from the ground before peeling away to reveal Night Shade. She was wearing her dark green hood, black shorts, the same shirt she had on earlier, and with the infamous black cloth covering her mouth reaching slightly over her cheeks. She had her arms crossed over her chest as she stared down at all of us.

She stepped down from the roots that had brought her up as her hard stare met each of us. "Is there a reason you all decided to break the rules on your very first visit? Let me guess...heroes?" She asked with a raised brow. Her voice was a bit rougher than I'd remembered. "Everyone assumes that the villains would be the first to act out, but it's always the heroes." She said staring down at us. There was suddenly a stem pulling out the ear piece from my ear. I heard my teammates shutter behind me and I knew the same happened to them.

We all watched as a large leaf was presented to Night Shade filled with each of our ear pieces. She picked one up carefully and inspected it. I watched as her eyes narrowed as she read the 'TT' engraved on the inside of it. Her (e/c) eyes landed on me with a harsh glare. The roots around my body brought me closer to her so I was right in front of her and farther away from my team. She crotched down in front of me and stared at me with narrow eyes.

She slowly raised one of her hands up to me. She slowly took the beanie I was wearing off showing my spiked hair. I watched her stare at it for a moment as she brought her hand down. "May I?" Night Shade asked. Her voice was soft and sweet. The roughness in her voice had vanished completely as she asked. Her normally cold eyes softened as she silently asked me a question more important than the other one. I gave her a slight nod that I'm not even sure my teammates saw. Her hand carefully reached towards my glasses. "Hey! What do you think you are-" Star fire was cut off by the vines tightening around her. Night Shade raised the glasses just far enough so our eyes would meet. We stared at each other for a moment before I noticed her smile from behind the mask. "Forget me not." She said soft enough just for me to hear before placing the glasses back down on my nose.

"Looks like we have the whole gang here, don't we?" She said before standing back up. "Let's see if I got this right. Teen titans consists of five members. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!" She said counting out each of us on her fingers. "We've got the entirety of the animal kingdom that looks like it's forever celebrating saint Patrick's day." She said and I heard Beast Boy let out a growl. "The tin man with a heart." Her gaze moved to who I assumed was Cyborg as he let out a scoff at her. "A gothic witch with the personality to match." She said and I could feel ravens sharp glare. "A small part of an alien monarchy. Oh! Guess I should bow to the princess. Such a grand honor." She said giving a small insulting bow before her gaze met mine again. "And last but not least. The eternal pain in my ass, the itchy tag in my favorite shirt, and the thorn that will constantly forever be in my side til the day he dies, the boy wonder himself. I'm right aren't I?" She asked and we could all tell she was smirking behind the mask.