Chapter 11

The Teen Titans and I all stood on the ground as we all stared up at the man we were fighting. "Your pathetic skills can't outshine the brilliance of Dr. Light!" Dr. Light shouted from on top of a tipped over truck. His glowing yellow hands sent a bright light at us and we all easily dodged. Robin threw a birdarang at the man and he easily dodged. "You're fast, but I doubt you'll enjoy moving at the speed of light!" He said opening the large lightbulb on his chest. A large light shot out of him and it threw Robin back.

I made multiple tendrils grab onto Dr. Light's ankles before hoisting him up into the air. "You're not really one for the spot light, are you?" Dr. Light said before sending his bright yellow beams towards the plants holding him up. The plants were burned as an explosion happened upon impact. A let out a hiss of pain as the plants went back into the ground. Dr. Light landed on his feet before sending another yellow beam towards me.

Thankfully, my reaction time had heavily improved with my powers since fighting with the titans. Roots grew all around me forming a barrier between my physical body and the blast. I was still sent flying back away from Dr. Light, bouncing back on the ground a couple times. As my body hit the ground, the now burnt parts of my protective barrier had crumbled where he hit me. The blow had hurt, but my physical body wasn't injured from the blast.

Beast Boy had ran at Dr. Light as a wolf. He went to bite the man when he easily dodged. "A wolf is no threat when it's blind as a bat!" Dr. Light said taking multiple glowing orbs from his belt and throwing them at Beast Boy. The various flashing lights ended up stunning him and he transformed back to normal.

Star fire tried attacking him from above, but he used some sort or shield to protect himself. He threw a device on the ground capturing her easily. "Watch yourself, lightweight." Cyborg said as he carried a large piece of a car with the wheels attached. (Not a car girly don't come at me guys.) "Things are about to get heavy!" Cyborg yelled barely missing Dr. Light as he swing the weapon onto the pavement. Dr. Light blasted his weapon making it break in half. A red light came from his hands and exploding behind Cyborg trapping him. "Hey! Let me-"

"Now, if nobody minds, I'll be taking the gold." Dr. Light said as he stood over Cyborg. "I mind." Raven said. "Azarath Metrion Zin-ah!" She yelled as she was blasted back with the same force that had hit me. "A bit of advice. Find shorter magic words." Dr. Light said and Raven threw a motorcycle at him. He easily made it explode before hitting her again. However...something seemed off this time.

"Don't come any closer." Raven warned Dr. Light. I had gotten up and quietly made my way over to hopefully land some sort of sneak attack on him. "What's the matter? Afraid of the light?" He asked. In that moment Raven had become something...well...not like her. She towered over Dr. Light with bright red eyes and had various different tentacles that appeared from under her blue cloak. All of them went after Dr. Light.

"No! No!" He yelled. I quickly made vines wrap around him, but I didn't move fast enough. Ravens tentacles had wrapped around him and the vines. The effect of them made his suit spark, and the vines around him die where Raven's magic had touched mine. "My suit! What are you-no! Stop!" He yelled as I tried to fight back with Raven. My efforts did virtually nothing as he was quickly dragged towards her. I did my best and had more and more vines try to grab hold of him, but it was no use. "You win! I surrender!" He yelled out terrified.

"What's the matter? Afraid of the dark?" Raven asked with a sinister look on her face that I'd never seen before. "I surrender! Uh, no!" He screamed. I was concerned for Raven, but I started to become more concerned for Dr. Light as he was pulled under her dark blue robe. I quickly noticed the vines I had attached to him started to die, the blackening effects creeping up towards me quickly. 'Can't let go! Don't let go!' I thought to myself as I turned my head away from the blackening effect that was almost towards my hand. I prepared myself for the worst not really sure if I was hoping to end up okay or not.