Chapter 23

"I had no idea Red X would pose such a threat. I should have been there." Robin said as him and his teammates stood in their kitchen. Cyborg and Beast boy leaned against the counters and Starfire was sat on top of it as she held a pair of scissors to Beast Boy's hair.

"You bet you should have been there! Look what he did to my do!" Beast Boy yelled referring to the red sticky substance that had been stuck in his hair for hours. "I'm looking at two months of bad hair days!" Beast Boy said upset they lost their battle and the state of his hair.

Raven tried to argue but the only sounds coming from her were muffled from the large red X still covering her mouth. "I don't know, Raven. That's kind of a good look for you." Beast said while Raven had an agitated vein popping out of her forehead.

"Hold still." Cyborg said as he reached for the X. He ripped it off harshly causing Beast Boy and Star to audibly wince at the sight. Raven contained her pain and rage as her eyebrows twitched. She quickly calmed herself down letting out a monotone 'ow'. "Even if you had been there it wouldn't have made any difference." Raven said as she placed her hand where the X was.

"Dude knew exactly how to bring each of us down. I guarantee he had a gadget with your name on it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he had something prepared for Perci if she was still with us." Cyborg said as he explained the situation to Robin. "Agreed. You need not feel guilt. We are undamaged." Star said to Robin with a soft smile.

"Hello?!" Beast Boy yelled pointing to his hair. "Mostly undamaged. And we are all eager to learn what you have discovered about Slade." Star said. "Nothing. Lead was a dead end." Robin said glaring at the ground. "I should get back to work." Robin said starting to walk away.

"Did you not meet with Night Shade?" Starfire asked making Robin stop in his tracks. "I didn't get the chance to." Robin said forgetting about the black letter that appeared attached to his door. That letter had been the fourth one they'd received. The first came from the yellow rose outside the tower. The second, was slipped into their takeout bags. And the third had appeared on their couch.

A few days had passed since the incident with Red X. Robin had confined himself into a room dedicated to trying to figure out what Slade's next move was. The group of teen heroes had all received a message from their leader.

"Okay, Robin, what's the..." Cyborg trailed off as the group ran into their living room to see nothing. "Robin? Robin?" Starfire called out for her friend. "You mean captain research? Ahh, he's probably filling out note cards at the public library." Beast Boy said letting out a loud yawn and stretching.

"I was." Robin voice came through causing Beast Boy to choke on his own spit. Robin's face was displayed on the screen in front of them. "But then I spotted Red X pulling a robbery in the tech sector. I'm on it. Get here as soon as you can." Robin said. His voice was serious and his team nodded in understanding. "You got it, dude." Beast Boy said as he started to fall asleep while standing. Cyborg rolled his eyes at his best friend before dragging him along with the others.

The crescent moon was high in the city. The group of teens had made it to where Robin told them to meet him. What they didn't notice was someone hiding in the shadows behind them watching their every move.

"There!" Cyborg yelled just as Red X came running through. Right on Red X's tail was Robin. The figure hiding in the shadows raised a brow. 'If Robin's there...was I wrong?' They thought. 'They had the same fighting style as Robin. Not to mention that they knew how to take each of the titans down. If it's not him...how did they get that kind of intel?' The figure thought to themselves.

What really caught everyone's attention was when Red X through a net over Robin. The hero grunted as he tried to get out only to turn to face his teammates. "Robin!" Cyborg yelled out. "I'm fine. Get X! Go!" Robin said and the titans were quick to chase after Red X.