Chapter 24

Robin was sat in front of a computer dressed as Red X. On the screen in front of him was the man he'd been obsessing over, Slade. "Impressive, Red X. I tapped into the security cameras to catch your performance. You treated the Titans to quite a show." Slade said in his usual calm tone. "Glad you enjoyed it." Robin said in his deeper register.

"After your fight with the Titans, I noticed you ran into someone. Night Shade seemed to put up quite a fight. Tell me, how did you acquire the chip from her." Slade asked. Robin glared at the man in front of him as he quickly thought up an answer. "According to her, that information is to stay between us." "I see." Slade said as he tried to piece together what exactly had happened when the cameras went out.

Robin held the red and blue chips up to the screen for Slade to see. "Is the audition over?" Robin asked ready to meet his rival. "Patience. Trust is easy to destroy but it takes time to build. One last test." Slade's face on the screen became smaller as a picture of a similar green chip appeared. "Prove yourself, and we'll meet to discuss your future." That was the last thing Slade said as the connection was lost.

"Good." Robin said before turning away and taking his mask off. "It's about time we met face to face."

Robin had kept himself shut in the room he'd been in for days. He now had new information from Night Shade that he couldn't get out of his head. Millions of questions about Slade and why the importance of himself in his plan. All of these thoughts would become disrupted every few minutes by another.

"What did she mean by answer her calls?" Robin would ask himself before shaking his head to clear his thoughts. He hated the fact that Night had been able to distract him from what was really important. He had also felt bad about ignoring her pervious messages to him.

The other Titans were in the living room trying to figure out what their next move would be. "Okay. That's where Red X has been. Now we just have to figure out where he's gonna strike next." Cyborg stated as they all stared at the two green dots on the map on the screen.

Raven typed on the keyboard in front of her. The system took a couple moments to calculate any next attacks and multiple different green dots appeared on the map. "Great." Beast Boy dragged out as they all stared at the number of dots.

Robin had walked through the room with a box full of files in his arms. "Robin! Wonderful!" Starfire said as she was excited to see him out of the room. "Our efforts to located the Red X will benefit greatly from your help." Starfire said hopeful that he would help them.

"It'll have to wait." Robin said as he made his way back down the hall. "Night Shade sent me some information she had on Slade. I'm close to a breakthrough." Robin said briefly as he entered the room making Starfire gasp. "More wonderful! Perhaps we could be of assistance to-" Star ended up cutting her sentence short as Robin walked away. "You." She finished defeated.

"Let him go. Not like he's been much help lately anyway." Beast Boy said annoyed at Robin's antics. "If Robin wasn't always A-W-O-L, X would be KO'd by now!" Beast said crossing his arms over his chest. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but Beast Boy is right." Raven said. "Y'all think maybe Robin's losing his grip?" Cyborg asked running his head.

"No! Robin's grip is not lost. He works harder than any of you! He works to catch Slade before something terrible happens. He works to save us all." Starfire said defending her friend. "Yeah. That's why every time we need him he disappears." Beast Boy said making Starfire question Robin's recent actions.

"Why don't we give Night Shade a call? Maybe she can give us something about where Red X will strike." Cyborg said and the others nodded. Raven quickly typed the girl's number into the computer and the girl picked up after a few rings.