Chapter 26

"H-hey! Where are you going?" Robin asked (Y/n) as she stomped away angrily. The two walked by an alley and (Y/n) took her chance. She grabbed Robin by the collar of his shirt and shoved him harshly against the brick alley wall.

"What is your problem?!" (Y/n) said through gritted teeth. "I don't know what you're-" Robin tried to say when (Y/n) slammed his back against the wall again. "You know exactly what I'm talking about!" (Y/n) almost yelled.

"You didn't talk to me for over a year! Then you pop out of the ground like a fucking weed to ask me to join your stupid hero team! Then I get scolded for living my fucking life! YOU tracked ME down so you could find information about some random guy! And to top it all off now you're stalking me?!" (Y/n) said as she pushed him farther into the wall.

"You're the one who ran away!" Robin said with a glare as he pushed (Y/n) off of him. "You keep saying I ran away, but what are you calling what you did?" (Y/n) asked making Robin's glare harden even more.

(Y/n) took a couple step backs before shaking her head in a mix of disappointment and not surprise. She was about to leave the alley when Robin's green gloved hand caught her wrist. Robin harshly pulled her back and pressed her against the wall. His grip on her wrist tightening as he held her against the wall. "I'm not the one who packed my bags while everyone else was on a mission." Robin started to say with malice dripping from his mouth. An irritated growl left (Y/n)'s throat. Her free hand placed itself on his chest as she tried to push him away. Robin wasn't having her weak attempts as he grabbed her other wrist. He pinned both of her hands above her head as he leaned closer to her tightening his grip.

"I'm not the one who left Gotham without a trace." Robin said getting closer to (Y/n)'s face. The girl turned her head away from the hero as she winced from the tight grip around her wrists. "I'm not the one who thought it was a brilliant idea to not send a letter, a message, or even bother picking up a phone and calling!" Robin said with his face right in front of (Y/n)'s.

The last thing the hero said would've made (Y/n)'s blood boil if she had any. She stopped struggling and Robin noticed the small thorns barely containing themselves in her face, hands, and the rest of her body. "You're an idiot." Was all (Y/n) said as she tried her best to contain her growing anger.

Robin, on the other hand, didn't know when to quit. "I waited around for months hoping you'd come back. Waiting for something, anything, that would tell me you were alive and where to find you." Robin said harshly as his grip tightened even more from his own growing anger. "Do you know how much time I wasted on you?!" Right as the words left his mouth, he knew he couldn't come back from it.

Large and sharp thorns shot out of (Y/n)'s body forcing Robin off of her. The thorns managed to pin small parts of his super suit to the opposite walls. Vines and leaves crept from the walls wrapping around (Y/n) before revealing her once again.

She was no longer in the long dark blue overalls and bright yellow sweater. She was clad in multiple shades of green and her leaf hood and mask. Perci kept her distance as she clenched her fists in anger.

"Is that all I am to you, Robin? A waste of time?" Perci's glare and tone were ice cold as she stared at the boy wonder. A scoff left her mouth as she shook her head. "Can't say I'm surprised, but actually hearing it come from your mouth..." She said giving herself a moment to try and find her words.

"Perci...I didn't mean-" "How much time did you waste on me? Huh, Robin? A couple months?" Perci asked. Vines wrapped themselves around Robin's limbs holding him in place becoming tighter with each word she said.

"You wanna know how much time I wasted on you?" Perci asked as she took a few steps closer to the hero. "I wasted eight months on you after I left." Perci said making Robin grit his teeth as he tried to break away. "What are you talking about?"

"I did leave a note. I left multiple notes when I left. I left one for each of you. One for Batman. One for Alfred. And one for you. I don't know why you don't remember, but I did leave you something." Perci said before the vines crept back into the ground and her body making Robin fall hard on his face.

The hero quickly regained himself as he stood on his feet. "No, you-" "Yeah...I did. I called everyday for three months. When I got tired of the answering machine, I called once a week for two months. Then, I called twice over the course of two months. That last month was the worst of them all. I called almost twice a day trying to get in contact with you or Alfred. Hell, I was even hoping Batman himself would've picked up." Perci said through gritted teeth as she glared at Robin.

Robin stared at her confused. Part of him not believing her, but her tone and body language said otherwise. "I sent letters and cards for your birthdays. Whenever something serious happened in Gotham, I made sure to send a letter seeing if you were okay." Perci's angry tone was slowly started to become softer as she explained her side.

"If that's true...why didn't I get anything?" Robin questioned. Not so much her, but someone else. "I don't know." Perci said before her fists grabbed into his shirt again. "But don't you ever...EVER...say I didn't try to keep contact with you, Robin." She shoved him back into the wall as she released him.

"If there's anything I've learned over these long two years...it's that I deserve more." Perci said as she glared at the hero. "I deserve to have my calls answered. I deserve to have good friends. I deserve to live my life however the fuck I want. And guess what else I deserve? I deserve to not be constantly bothered by someone that apparently only sees me as a waste of time." Perci said before turning her back to Robin.

"You're not a waste of time." Robin said making Perci come to a stop at the edge of the alleyway. Her gaze moving down to the ground as she waited for Robin to continue. "You never have and you never will be a waste of time to me, Perci." Robin said. His tone was soft and full of regret for his previous words. "Then maybe you should start acting like it."

With those last words from Perci, she slipped through the cracks of the pavement heading who knows where. Robin was left in the alley with only his thoughts. A hard sigh left Robin's mouth as he fled the alleyway.

Unfortunately for both teens, Perci had acted only on her emotions. She didn't take the time to overlook her surroundings before lashing out at the hero. Cameras had been following the Boy Wonder for a few days, but today they seemed to catch something even more interesting.