Chapter 35

Large vines sprung out from the hard asphalt. From the newly formed hole, the two teenagers appeared as the green vines unraveled around them. Robin immediately looked around where they had arrived. Around the teens were brick walls, dumpsters, and possibly even a few rats.

Robin was so busy looking around the alley that he almost didn't notice (Y/n) pulling a face covering from one of the leaves sticking out of the brick wall. The hero watched as the girl a couple feet away put the dark cloth around her ears before adjusting the area around her nose slightly.

Robin watched as (Y/n) stuck her head out of they alley looking both ways before nudging her head to the side telling him to follow her. Robin looked at the streets they had appeared in and recognized where they were in Jump City. It wasn't anywhere near the nicer side of town, but it definitely could've been worse.

"Where are we heading?" Robin finally asked as he walked next to (Y/n). "We're heading to see one of the best views in the city." (Y/n)'s voice came out slightly muffled as she continued walking.

A few minutes later they arrived in front of a large apartment building. The building itself looked sort of run down. There were definitely things that needed to be fixed on the outside, but the inside looked slightly nicer. (Y/n) reached into her pocket and pulled out a key ring before using a dirty silver key to open the doors to the lobby.

"Is this where you-" Robin tried to ask a question but was cut off by (Y/n). "Don't talk to the neighbors. Don't look at the neighbors. If you see a small chihuahua do not engage!" (Y/n) said while poking the hero's chest. "Ow!" "Tell me immediately if you see the old man and we will run and I mean r u n." (Y/n) said as she started walking towards the stairs rather than the extremely old elevator. "If you see the pit bull with the spiked collar, give her attention. Her name is Penny and she loves belly rubs." That was the last thing (Y/n) said as she glanced over her shoulder slightly before jogging up the stairs.

The teens quickly went up about four flights of stairs before reaching (Y/n)'s floor. "This place is kind of..." "Shitty?" (Y/n) finished Robin's sentence as she continued down the hall. "I wasn't going to say that, but...yeah...kind of." Robin said as he rubbed the back of his neck as he stared at the peeling wallpaper.

Both teens walked a good ways down the hall before (Y/n) stopped in front of her door. She pulled her key ring out again only to curse under her breath. "Stupid ass Wally." (Y/n) crotched down in front of the key hole while making small thorns come out of her fingers. "Let me know if someone comes down the hall. Last time I had to do this I almost got stabbed cause they thought I was a robber." (Y/n) said nonchalantly while Robin's eyes widened. Robin kept his eyes on the hallway as she started to pick the lock very skillfully. With a small click, (Y/n) stood back up once more before opening the door.

(Y/n) held the door open for Robin as he walked inside the small apartment and shutting the door and locking it behind him. One of her hands pulling off her face covering and throwing it somewhere in the apartment. Robin even took off his sunglasses and beanie placing them on one of the small tables.

The entire one bedroom apartment would've been pitch black if it wasn't for the soft glow of fairy lights strung up all throughout the apartment. Dick's eyes took in the atmosphere of the apartment. The living room was almost completely full of different kinds of plants. The walls, floor, and visible appliances definitely looked like they needed some work, but it was homey. The apartment definitely looked happily lived in.

Dick even took notice of the two large blankets bunched up on the couch surrounded by a few different kinds of snack wrappers. The hero's eyes quickly went to (Y/n) as she walked towards the two large windows on the other side of the room.