Chapter 32

Various vines and roots pulled apart two large pieces of a steel wall apart. A girl covered in all green slipped through the small crack as she looked both ways down the hall she appeared in. Once she made sure the coast was clear, she made the plants force the walls apart more.

The teen titans each emerged from the tunnel Perci had made quietly. "He doesn't know we're here yet." Perci said softly to the group. "Let's keep it that way." Cyborg said and the group nodded to each other.

Beast Boy changed into a dog as he started tracking down Robin's scent. Perci made sure Beast Boy wouldn't be spotted by robots doing their rounds. She also pointed out cameras for Raven to carefully disable with her magic. Starfire and Cyborg stayed towards the back of the group making sure no one snuck up on them. No one would say it, but they all made a rather impressive team.

The group of friends knew they were getting closer to their friend as they heard what seemed to be fighting. The group all glanced at each other before starting to run down the halls. They all ended up at the entrance of a large room where Perci had previously seen Slade and Robin.

What surprised the group was seeing Robin forced down onto the ground by the back of his head with Slade standing over him. Each teenager had anger flowing through them. Starfire's fists started to glow green. Raven's eyes had turned black. Beast Boy let out an animalistic growl as he changed back to normal. Cyborg's teeth and fists were clenched.

Perci's face held no emotions and her body would've seemed almost calm if it wasn't for the hundreds of thorns trying to break through the top layer of her body. She had been angry during her last visit, but she had an appearance to keep up. Who she was now was allowed and able to be angry. The top layer of her skin was barely containing the sharp thorns beneath and the group noticed as her skin seemed to be going up and down rapidly.

The group watched as Slade stood up not noticing the group watching him. Robin stood up as well as he glared daggers into the man's back. "If the Titans are so distracting, maybe I should just get rid of them." Slade said as he pointed down to his arm that held the large red button.

Robin's eyes widened before defeat fell over his features. "Don't...I'll do whatever you say." Robin said as his gaze fell to the ground. "Good boy, and from now on, I'd like you to call me master." What Slade had said sent the entire group over the edge.

Starfire sent a bright green energy blast that hit Slade knocking him over. Perci's skin was no longer able to contain the spikes as they popped in and out of her body by a couple inches. The teens all stood side by side as they glared at Slade. Perci was stood on the far side of Cyborg, not wanting to accidentally hurt the group. "Leave...him...alone." Starfire said sternly. "Robin...attack!" Slade yelled to the former hero.

"Get out of here! Go! You don't know what those beams did to-" Robin tried to warn them. "Dude." Beast Boy said softly. "We know." Raven added. "And we don't care." Cyborg said sternly. "We are your friends, Robin." Starfire said softly.

Robin stared wide eyed at each of his teammates before his eyes locked with Perci's. He was genuinely surprised she was even there. "We don't plan on going anywhere without you." Perci's words came out harsh, but Robin knew she was being truthful.

"How very touching." Slade said as he walked up behind Robin. "But Robin doesn't need any friends." Slade said before holding his wrist up for Robin to see. Perci's eyes didn't leave the device on his wrist. Her concentration making the thorns in her body settle. Slade pressed the button on his wrist and a device started glowing red. "I don't think Robin needs a guy in his mid forties that gets off on beating up a group of teenagers, but here we are." Perci said as she crossed her arms over her chest. The girl was able to feel Slade's glare become deadly towards her at her comment.