Chapter 17

The sound of water hitting the floor of the tiled room caused (Y/n) to finally wake up. A groan left the girl's mouth as she sat up. She stared down at the ground slightly confused. The floor was wet, water was sprinkling down, but her body was only wet from the water on the floor.

(Y/n) looked over her to see plants making a cover over her so she wouldn't get as wet. 'She's awake.' She heard one of them say. The girl stared at the different plants in awe as they all grew different kinds of flowers that she's never seen before. Yellow, peach, and soft baby pink flowers grew around her cheeks, in her hair, and up and down her arms and legs.

"Good." The girl said just barely over a whisper. 'You need to escape.' 'Yes.' 'Tonight.' 'Yes, tonight.' The plants said to her and she simply stared at them. 'We will disable the power.' 'No alarms.' 'Doors will open.' 'You can leave.'

The girl thought for a moment as she tapped the ground with her hand. "Bad?" She asked softly. 'Yes.' They answered her question. The girl slowly started to become angry. The scientists have been all she has known and they weren't good. They lied to her. If they lied to her about themselves then what else could they have lied about? (Y/n)'s breathing was hard as she became more angry as she stood up. She wobbled slightly from how weak she still was, but she quickly regained her balance.

The lights in her room suddenly turned off. The girl started to panic as the room was pitch black. Thorns shot out of her body as she frantically looked around. 'Stay calm.' (Y/n) felt the plants gently draped over her shoulders. 'We'll show you where to go.' 'Go out the door.' (Y/n)'s thorns went slightly back into her body, but stayed in case she needed to defend herself.

The girl stood still not sure if she should listen to the plants or not. What if they were bad too? 'You must leave.' 'They're hurting you.' 'Yes.' 'We need to leave.' 'Nothing here is good.' The last one is what got the girl moving. She carefully walked towards her now open door as she made sure to not slip on the wet floor.

The plants guided her through the now dark hallways of the building. There would be times where they'd hear panicked workers trying their best to get the power back up. The girl didn't pay them any mind until someone mentioned her.

"She's gone!" (Y/n) heard one of the scientists yell as her thorns poked out more. The plants around her pulled her against the wall so she was out of sight. (Y/n) noticed multiple small lights shining down the hallway next to her. "Gone?! What do you mean she's gone?!" "I mean she's fucking gone! She's not in her room!" "W-we need to go on full lockdown." "We can't! The backup generators were completely torn apart! We have absolutely no power! We can't contain her even if we tried!" (Y/n) listened closely to the people talking, but she didn't really understand what they were saying.

"O-okay...she couldn't have gotten far. She's never walked around the facility, so there's no possible way she could find her way out." "Once we find her, how are we going to get her back to her room?" "She's still extremely weak. And with her outburst earlier today, I doubt she'll have much energy left in her system. When we find her, don't startle her. Make sure you stay calm. U-Uh...tell her that the rest of the building is bad. Her room is good. She should listen to whatever you say after."

(Y/n)'s brows furrowed in frustration as she was able to understand just the last bit of what they were saying. She pried herself off of the wall earning protests from the other experiments. (Y/n)'s feet made soft patters against the tile floor as she approached two men she's seen multiple times before. Both men shined their flashlights at her making her look away. Her arms covered her eyes from the bright lights. Anger started to grow in her systems as thorns poked our farther.

The scientists noticed her foul mood and started to become nervous. "It's night. You need to go back to your room." The scientist that was more in touch of the situation said. (Y/n)'s sent hard glares towards both scientists. Vines started to grow from her body as they slowly moved up in the air. "Y-you n-need to listen t-to us!" The other man yelled. Something snapped in the girl as the vines shot towards the men.

Both men were slammed against the hard walls of the facility. Their flashlights falling to the ground with hard thuds. Both men started to scream when vines wrapped around their bodies as (Y/n) threw them to the ground. The muffled screaming had stopped as their heads hit the tiled floor. (Y/n) released the men. The girl didn't even think twice as she saw the red colors seeping from their heads. They laid on the ground completely limp. (Y/n) didn't even look back as she continued walking. The vines and thorns going back into her body completely.

Present:

A long silence washed over the group of girls. Star and Raven shared a glance before they looked back at Perci. "What happened next?" Starfire asked. The alien princess was only met with another string of silence. What surprised the girls was when small leaves and even fully bloomed flowers shriveled up and died before falling off Perci's body.

The plants had fallen down onto the mucky alley floor making Perci tense up even more. The girl quickly pulled her hood back over her head. A dark shadow casted over most of her face as she stared at the ground. "We need to get moving if we want to save the others." Raven and Starfire simply stared as Perci Bloom started walking out of the alley and onto the streets. Both girls quickly got up and followed after Perci.

Flashback:

(Y/n) had made it to the last doors that had led to the outside world. The double doors were wide open letting in the cool night air. (Y/n) had never felt anything like this before. She was scared of what would happen when she left. She turned her head to look back at the hallway that had another unlucky scientist laying lifeless on the floor. The woman had snuck up behind (Y/n). She had multiple wounds caused by (Y/n)'s sharp thorns. The woman's blood covering parts of the girl as well as most of the floor.

'It's okay.' 'It's safe.' 'Good.' 'They can't hurt you.' The voices said to the girl. (Y/n) carefully stepped out onto the hard cold gravel. Her (e/c) eyes glanced down at her feet. She carefully started to walk away from the facility. (Y/n) continuously scanned her now large surroundings not used to having so much space around her. Her steps were cautious as she slowly continued to walk away.

(Y/n) had made it a good ways away from the facility. Her feet now touching soft soil that had patches of long grass that brushed against her calves. She finally glanced up at the sky expecting to see the same lights she'd always seen. Her eyes widened as she stared up at the night sky that was full of bright shining stars. Thorns started to poke out of her body as she became nervous about her new surroundings.

The plants gave her soft reassuring whispers as she continued to stare at the sky. (Y/n) was slowly becoming entranced by the beautiful sight in front of her. Her gaze was broken from bright lights coming from the facility building. The power had come back on in the building. Some windows in the building showed shadows of people that were still alive.

Anger started to consume (Y/n)'s mind again as she stared at the building. The girl slowly crotched towards the ground. 'What is she doing?' 'I'm not sure.' Is she okay?' The voices asked each other. None of them knowing what the girl was going to do.

The girl suddenly stuck her hands deep into the soil. Her powers quickly combined with the other plants all around her. The patches of grass and rich soil giving her more strength than she's had for days. The girl watched as large vines wrapped tightly around the facility. Layer upon layer wrapped around the building leaving nothing but a large mass of roots. Terrified screams and yells were coming from the building. They all slowly became more and more muffled as more plants covered the surface.

The girl glared at the building. Multiple thorns prodding out of her. "Bad." Was all she said as she pulled her arms up from the soil. Attached to her hands were large vines. As she pulled them up, the vines around the building started to tighten. A few seconds later, the building gave out. The building cracked and crumbled. You could still hear muffled screams come from the inside. As the building crashed down, the screams got softer. The pieces of rubble and leftover bodies inside the building were all dragged underground, never to be seen or heard from again.