Chapter 39

Nightshade ended up following the titans to the mine Slade was attacking. She knew this was most likely just a ploy to get Terra away from the titans. Slade most definitely wanted to mess with the group of teens as well. She, however, wanted to learn more about how Slade operated. She wanted to learn his weaknesses and use them against him with as much pain as she could possibly inflict.

Night made it to the mines right before the Titans did and found a comfortable place to watch the action from above. She made sure she was far enough away from the action, but close enough to still hear any possible conversations.

Not long after she arrived, Slade's robots started attacking the mine. Night made sure all the exits were safe for the miners as they fled the scene. Just as the miners fled, the Titans arrived to the fight. Night leaned comfortably against one of the various rock walls eager to watch the group fight together once more. She also wanted to see if Terra would reveal her true power. Night had easily figured out that the girl had been holding back this whole time. An easy thing for her to spot in others after constantly doing it herself.

"Tell your boss we'd like a word with him." Robin said his one liner making the robots get into fighting stances. "Titans, go!" Robin yelled and the group went into action. Night's main focus was originally Terra, but her gaze seemed to switch between her and Robin. There was some aspect of Robin that always seemed to intrigue her.

Night watched Robin help Terra with a couple robots before he was completely surrounded by the robots. Something else caught Robin's eye as he saw the familiar black and white outfit from above him. He'd felt her eyes staring right down into him. Something in Robin told him to fight with all he's got. He told himself that it was because he was going up against Slade, but that wasn't the real reason. And he knew that.

Robin pulled out his staff and swung it around himself a couple times before waiting for the robots to attack. When they did, he delivered hard and accurate attacks to all the robots. It didn't take long before all the robots jumped on him at once. Using pure strength, Robin was able to shove all the robots away from him. Night couldn't help the orange and red roses blooming in her cheeks as she watched him fight.

Night continued to watch the group fight together. She was genuinely impressed by how well Terra was working with them. Night knew first hand at how difficult it could be transitioning from fighting alone to fighting with a group.

The only time Night felt the need to step into the fight was when Starfire was being held down by two of the robots. Just as she was about to jump in, Cyborg came to her rescue. Night did end up having to avoid being blasted by the robots as they shot at the titans.

As Night moved to a different area of the mine, she immediately noticed rocks start falling towards Beast Boy. Panic filled her system as the rocks seemed to move in slow motions. She placed her hand against one of the cracked walls of the mine and used her powers. Dust filled the area surrounding Beast Boy. Once she knew it was safe to use her powers, she quickly covered Beast Boy just before the rocks fell down on him.

"Beast Boy!" Terra yelled for her friend. All of the Titans quickly looked over to see the large pile of rocks as well as a few robots that survived the cave in. Night's panic stayed as she kept her hand against the cracked rocks. A hard relieved sigh left her mouth knowing that Beast Boy was still breathing.

Night looked for Terra, but she couldn't see her due to the cave in. Using her powers she checked to see if the girl was alright. Thankfully, the girl wasn't injured.

Robin was the first of the Titans to run over and start removing the rocks. Starfire followed him as Raven and Cyborg kept the robots at bay. Night retracted the plants back into her body and removed her hand from the wall. She quickly ran over to the group and placed a hand on Robin's shoulder. The hero glanced at her while removing a rock. Night gave him a slight nod and he knew exactly what it meant.