Chapter 16

All three girls were still sitting in the alleyways. Raven and Starfire had both finished telling parts of their stories. Perci smiled at both girls. "Now that you two know each other a bit better, what do you say we go save the boys?" She asked about to stand up when Raven and Star both stopped her. Both girls had grabbed one of her wrists pulling her to sit back down. "We're not finished yet." Raven said with a slight smirk. "Agreed. You have yet to tell us your story." Starfire added giving Perci a curious smile.

"B-but we have to save the boys." Perci said sort of worried for the boys but more so worried about what the girls would think of her. "You were able to hear our stories. It is only fair we get to hear yours, Perci." Starfire said softly. "It's really long and...not...pretty." Perci said refusing to look at either of the girls. "The boys can wait a little longer." Raven said making Perci let out a hard sigh. "Fine...you guys asked for this." Perci said making Raven roll her eyes and Starfire clap with joy.

"In the outskirts of Gotham City, there was a building dedicated to new scientific discoveries. A group of scientists were determined to create an equal or something far superior to Poison Ivy." Perci started her story. Her eyes staring at her hands as she picked at her still healing hand. "They started by trying to combine very resilient plants with human DNA. They used weeds, grass, pretty much anything that could grow anywhere. After multiple failed experiments...someone suggested they try a less resilient plant. After a few more failures with slight areas of success, they used roses. Something clicked and...I was made."

Both girls watched as Perci accidentally knocked her hood down as she rubbed the back of her neck nervously. Her (h/c) strands still managed to cover her face slightly. "I didn't want anything to do with them." Perci said letting out a light laugh. "They started working on teaching me the difference between good and bad...that was all they really ever taught me. I guess they didn't see a need to teach me about other things." Perci said with a shrug of her shoulder. Both girls started to get more and more interested in her story.

Flashback besties:

"Okay, let's go through this again." A male scientist said as he sat down on the white tiled floor a few feet away from a young girl with (h/c) strands covering her face as she looked down at the patch of small sprouts she'd made around herself.

"Can you look at me?" The scientist asked the girl, but she didn't budge. The man moved a bit closer to her making sure to still keep his distance. He pulled out his pen gently tapping the girl on the shoulder. Just as soon as he tapped her, thorns came out of her body by a foot. Her (e/c) had stared at him frightened.

The girl stared at the scientist for a few seconds before the thorns slowly crept back into her body. "That's it...it's just me. Now, let's get back to work." He said pulling out a large stack of flash cards with different pictures on all of them. "Do you remember how to play?" He asked the girl only receiving a blank look. "I'm going to show you some pictures and you're going to point to which ever one's are good okay?" He explained only receiving the same blank stare.

The scientist showed the girl numerous pictures that were supposed to teach her the difference between good and bad. She had gotten every single one right in the scientists eyes. "Okay, last one. This one is a new one you haven't learned yet. Just try your best." The man said holding up a two more pictures. One was a picture of people the girl recognized. It was a picture of the scientists and a good handful of others she hadn't recognized. The other was a woman with red hair wearing a green suit covered in leaves. The girl stared at both pictures before looking at the scientist waiting for the answer.

"No, I can't give you the answer. Think about it. You have two choices, one is good one is bad. You can figure this out." The scientist said giving her a soft smile. The girl thought for a moment before pointing at the picture of the people she knew. "Excellent!" The man exclaimed frightening her. Thorns shot from her body again and the scientist realized he'd scared her.