Chapter 15

On the streets on Jump City, a large manhole came flying off from a black magic source. The cover came falling down fast when a few stray vines caught the cover. A loud relieved sigh came from the girl that had managed to catch it. Starfire pulled herself out of the manhole and the other two girls followed right after her.

"Oh, Raven! This is awful! Terribly, horribly awful!" Starfire who was still in Raven's body exclaimed loudly. Perci facepalmed at the girls volume while Raven, still in Starfire's body, started to drag her away. "Tell me about it." Raven said sarcastically. "Very well. Robin, Cyborg, and Beast Boy have been trapped inside tiny wooden bodies." Starfire started to explain the obvious. Raven's magic however was melting traffic meters. "While a creature called the Puppet King has taken control of their real bodies." Raven's magic made two newspaper machines explode with newspapers. "Which he is using to hunt us down! And you and I are in the wrong bodies and-"

Star was cut off by Perci and Raven placing their hands on her shoulders. "Starfire! You have to calm down!" Raven scolded. "You're leaving a trail of traceable magic that is leading right towards us." Perci said softly as she pointed back to the damage Starfire had accidentally caused.

"My powers are driven by emotion. The more you feel, the more energy you unleash." Raven briefly explained to the alien. "But what if they find us? What if our friends are doomed? What if I am stuck looking like this forever?!" Starfire yelled out. "Oh yeah, cause that last one would really suck." Perci said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. "We'll fix it. I don't know how. But we will rescue the boys and we will get our bodies back." Raven reassured Starifre before there was a pause. "What's wrong with the way I look?" Raven asked offended by Star's previous statement. "Nothing!" Star quickly defended herself before blowing up a traffic light.

"We're going to figure this out and get the guys back, okay?" Perci said giving a reassuring smile to both girls. "We should all consider ourselves lucky though." Perci added making both girls raise a brow at her. "And why's that?" Raven asked annoyed. "I wouldn't be as confident as I am now if I was stuck with two of the boys in this situation." Perci said with a shrug of her shoulders. Her attempt to make the situation more light hearted didn't work as both girls glared at her. What surprised Perci was when a glass window a few feet away was covered in black magic as it cracked.

Raven and Perci both shot a harsh look towards Starfire as she held her hands up in defense. "I will try to calm down. Peace...quiet...tranquil-" All three girls jumped in surprise as the car next to them shot up into the air. "This is you're reminded to be thankful you didn't switch bodies and powers with me." Star and Raven both looked to see Perci with large sharp thorns sticking out by at least a foot. The thorns were just mere inches away from both of the girls skin. The car had crashed back onto the hard pavement with a loud thud. "We are so doomed." Raven said as she stared at the car.

The screech of a hawk caught all of their attention. "Beast Boy!" Star called out as she pointed up into the sky. The boy was transformed into a large hawk that circled them. "You mean zombie Beast Boy! Run!" Raven yelled pulled Starfire down an alley. Perci raised large thick tendrils from the ground that smacked Beast Boy down. Perci quickly ran to catch up with the two girls as they all ran away.

Perci had to keep herself from laughing as she watched Raven waving her arms up and down like a lunatic. "Fly! Fly!" Raven yelled as they continued to run. "I don't think that's how that works!" Perci yelled from behind the two girls as she caught up. "I knocked Beast Boy down. That should give us at least a little bit of time." Perci explained as all three girls started to walk.

"We cannot fight them again. I do not wish to, and in our present condition we would surely be defeated." Star said and Perci nodded. "I don't think we should fight them. Not until we know we can win. I can take out Cyborg and Beast Boy easily together or separate. But I have no idea if I can beat Robin. Whether it's all three of them or just Robin." Perci said looking down at the ground. Both girls noticed she seemed ashamed of her statement. Perci shook her head as if releasing her thoughts as she looked at both girls. "But please believe me when I say I will fight the best I can to protect you guys and help get them back." Both girls gave her a nod as they noticed burgundy and yellow roses appearing on her cheeks.