Chapter 4

Bloom opened the door to the roof before slamming it shut behind her. Large dark branches held both doors on the stairs closed as green and brown stems and roots covered her body. A few seconds later the roots and stems disappeared back into the holes of the walls revealing the outfit none of the titans wanted to see any time soon. Especially after their first encounter.

Night Shade kicked down the door swiftly and ran out to see Star fire going toe to toe with the machine. Just as she was about to step in, Star fire was grabbed by the machine. "Goddamnit! What's the fucking point of having a super team at your fingertips if they're not even going to help?!" Night Shade cursed to herself as she ran after the machine.

The loud music rang through the building as Beast Boy danced. The only thing that distracted him was a shadow of Star fire and one of the machines. He watched as she was grabbed by the machine and taken away as well as the person following after her. The person's figure was dark with something flapping behind them. "Cy! Star's in trouble!" Beast boy called out to his best friend. Cyborg turned around just to see pink tentacles grab onto Beast Boy. "Whoa! Help!" He yelled before being dragged away. Cyborg ran after him only to be blindsided by another machine.

"So, do you like show tunes?" The goth kid from before asked Raven from a dark corner of the building. Right after he'd asked, one of the machines flew by making him run away. Raven quickly flew after the one holding Beast Boy captive. She used her powers to throw large wooden crates at the machine making it drop Beast Boy. Raven watched as the shadow of Star begin taken away went above her. The same figure still running after her.

The figure stayed in place before jumping out of the way as the machine came hurtling towards them. The machine broke through the skylights and into multiple wooden crates. The figure jumped down from the roof onto the one holding Star captive. The others too busy to notice just who was chasing after Star.

Night Shade was able to pry the tentacles away from Star fire just enough for her to escape. Star flew out from the boxes with the machine following her. She used a solid green blast against it while Night Shade did a few complicated flips to avoid the debris coming towards her.

The machine was about to slam onto the ground where beast boy was when he dodged out of the way and turned into a large green tiger. Beast Boy scratched the machine sending it back into Night Shade. She easily kicked it up into the air before jumping after it and slamming it hard into the ground again.

"Hey! What the hell is she doing here?!" Beast Boy yelled out loud. "A better question is what the hell took you guys so long?!" Night Shade yelled back to Beast Boy with a glare. Star fire was surrounded by the three machines. She flew in a circle trying to lose them when Cyborg knocked all three to the ground, punching one back in the process. Cyborg was knocked back into the darkness of the building making Night Shade's eyes follow him. She quickly guesstimated where he was going to land. She made a large patch full of soft stems and leaves for him to land on. In the moment of her being, distracted one of the machines came barreling towards her. She jumped onto the machine and held on before being flung off.

Robin and Black fire appeared coming down some stairs. Her arm wrapped around his as he tried to make his way back up to the roof. "Where are you going? Stay and talk to me." Black fire whined out. "Look I just wanna make sure that Star fire's okay." Robin said just for Night Shade's body to come hurtling through the walls. Just as quickly as her body had hit the floor, a harsh frustrated growl left her mouth as she stood up.

Just as she got back up, Cyborg was flying right towards her. She quickly jumped out of the way almost falling back into Robin and Black fire. Robin practically shoved Night Shade out of the way making her glare at him. She made sure to bump into him as she climbed out of the hole her body had made to get back into the fight.